Thread: Having problem with new HPT?

Tuner in Training

Having problem with new HPT?

I have windows vista, and everything in the instalation is different than the help instructions. I think I got it installed, but it says I have no licences. I have the pro version, and 8 credits. Im kinda lost, frustrated, and need help. Thanks, J

When you first fire up the editor or scanner it will ask you for your application key. Copy & paste that in there and with the MPVI connected to the PC, via USB only, you should be up and running.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    This thing is doing some wierd stuff. It won't let me copy, and past anything. So I clicked on the help icon, and followed the directions. Now when I hook everything up to my truck it is denying security code access. My vin, number of credits, and truck info come up but no security access.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like your vehicle is tunerlocked by your previous tuner. Have you been tuned previously?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    The tue is from Nelson, and is supposed to be unlocked. I got the tune, and HPT from them at the same time. Tried to contact them with no success. I think there is an installation problem, or Im doing something wrong. Im in the dark hear. All the steps to follow on the HPT site seam to be completly different than what Im seeing hear. I think the vista is the root of this problem. This really sucks.
    Last edited by jarrett; 12-11-2007 at 05:57 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Post a screenshot of the first error you get ie "invalid security codes" or whatever the error is that your seeing when the read fails.

If it communicates with the pcm at all the install was fine

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Post a screenshot of the first error you get ie "invalid security codes" or whatever the error is that your seeing when the read fails.

If it communicates with the pcm at all the install was fine

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Security access denied is the SECOND error, I need the one that flashes immediatly before that ie invalid security codes, etc.

Tuner in Training
    Security access denied is the SECOND error, I need the one that flashes immediatly before that ie invalid security codes, etc.
    This is the only error I get when I go to VCM editor, go to FLASH, then I select READ, and this is as far as I get.

This one comes up when I go to licance info in the VCM editor, and click on the ? mark. These two are not from the same opperation. Could it be a setting on my computer thats wrong?

Thank you for responding, J

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    This is the only error I get when I go to VCM editor, go to FLASH, then I select READ, and this is as far as I get.
    Thats fine BUT its not the error thats of importance, the FIRST error which flashes for ~3 seconds before this one is the one I'd need to know as "exceeded attempts" just means its gone through both attempts & has errored both times.

This one comes up when I go to licance info in the VCM editor, and click on the ? mark. These two are not from the same opperation. Could it be a setting on my computer thats wrong?
    This one I'll need to test tomorrow, looks like your running vista correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just a heads up, I tested the license info-question mark thing & did not error out so it looks to be a vista issue of some sort.

Tuner in Training
    Thats fine BUT its not the error thats of importance, the FIRST error which flashes for ~3 seconds before this one is the one I'd need to know as "exceeded attempts" just means its gone through both attempts & has errored both times.

This one I'll need to test tomorrow, looks like your running vista correct?
    Yes I am running shista.: I just tried it again. All Im getting is the security access denied exceeded number of attempts message. No error before it. It just keeps retrying to access. Im starting to think the tune could be locked . Could he have partially locked the tune?

Tuner in Training

Found the problem

Got ahold of Allen @ Nelson today, and found out that some how my tune got locked. So that's one of my problems, solved. Thanks for your help, J