Thread: standalone scanning on mult. cars

standalone scanning on mult. cars

It would be nice to do standalone logging on more then one vehicle. Lets say you have a get together with the boys & you want to scan different cars & you do not have you laptop on you.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If they have the same OS you should be able to scan them all just fine but the problem becomes when you try to scan a pid that is invalid ie using the same config for an 01 diesel on an 08 diesel it just aint gonna work which is why you need to at least connect to the pcm so you can validate the pid's.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    If they have the same OS you should be able to scan them all just fine but the problem becomes when you try to scan a pid that is invalid ie using the same config for an 01 diesel on an 08 diesel it just aint gonna work which is why you need to at least connect to the pcm so you can validate the pid's.

-Bill
    & that is the problem. I can not load for mult. to the standalone. I guess I will just have the laptop then. If I know that all the pid work for the 01 to 08, then it would work then? I will try that. Thanks.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No it will not, it would only work for identical operating systems and even then you can easily run into problems. You really need to validate the pids & program the hardware for that vehicle for it to work as it should.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    No it will not, it would only work for identical operating systems and even then you can easily run into problems. You really need to validate the pids & program the hardware for that vehicle for it to work as it should.

That is what I thought, but I had to ask. Thanks Bill