Thread: Rough start up hot or cold w/tuning!!

Tuner in Training

Rough start up hot or cold w/tuning!!

okay, i have read a lot on this website about how to get started with tuning your car. my mods are in my sig. and i have reduced my IFR till where at WOT i am at 0 or close i have advanded my timing about 13 on the high octane and 11 on the low with no kr so far, and when i start up my car it has trouble still it has always done this ever since the new cam and cam package were installed; i have to add throttle in order to get it to start but once i rev it up to about 1100-1500 for a sec it will idle just fine. i was wondering if this can be adjusted if so how? again i am very new at this so detailed instructions would be appreciated. thanks for the help in advance!
    01z28 camaro&&slp lid, cold air intake, smooth bellows,slp maf, k&N filter, p&p tb, jet hot LT, 3in Y magnaflow muffler, 231/237 lunati cam w/ package.

Re: Rough start up hot or cold w/tuning!!

try increasing your Idle RPM by 50-100rpm and then increasing Idle Airflow vs ECT.

If you run MAF a good way to get you Idle Airflow close once you increase your Idle RPM is to log the MAF airflow at normal idle and then enter that number into the idle airflow tables in the normal operating temp range. If it pushes on (cruise control like) when you let off, then reduce the numbers. I run a 239 duration cam and my idle airflow is set around 11 g/sec and IdleRPM @ 900 on a stock TB.

I just noticed you have an aftermarket TB so also log your IAC steps and check they are in the 50-80 range. If not then adjust the throttle stop up/down to achive that before you mess with anything.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Re: Rough start up hot or cold w/tuning!!

thanks, for the advice it really impoved the idle on the car, it no longer surges when i stop.
    01z28 camaro&&slp lid, cold air intake, smooth bellows,slp maf, k&N filter, p&p tb, jet hot LT, 3in Y magnaflow muffler, 231/237 lunati cam w/ package.