Thread: 3800 Table Requests...

3800 Table Requests...

3800 L32 Table Requests (L67 likely similar)
    My OS ID: 12596138

Incorrect Tables: Auto TCC Apply release Tables appear to be incorrectly mapped, they state TPS% by values look to be MPH. This was viewing my stock file.

MAF Low Frequency Threshold (low value in which MAF is disabled; useful to do VE Tune, so you don't have to unplug the MAF)

Knock Retard Recovery Rate (Deg/S) Rate at which PCM recovers from KR; by RPM
    Knock Retard Default Value (Deg by A/F Ratio) (We have Maximum)

Supercharger Boost Ramp Rate (rate at which boost is brought in)
    Catalyst overtemp boost protection (Cat Temp at which boost solenoid is opened for cooling) I thought this one was in there but couldn't find it.

Any other tables relating to boost control, I had heard the Boost Solenoid in the 04+ is controlled via PCM....I believe this..at part throttle, my boost will *increase* on 1-2 shift when the TPS % doesn't change.

Any tables relating to TQM closing the TB. I do have to test this with TQM Disabled, weather permitting.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    can you post your file when you get a moment john?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Here ya go.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now

Quote Originally Posted by johnh
    3800 L32 Table Requests (L67 likely similar)
    My OS ID: 12596138

Incorrect Tables: Auto TCC Apply release Tables appear to be incorrectly mapped, they state TPS% by values look to be MPH. This was viewing my stock file.
    they look fine to me, they are the apply/release speeds in mph

MAF Low Frequency Threshold (low value in which MAF is disabled; useful to do VE Tune, so you don't have to unplug the MAF)
    sure i can add it, workaround until then is to unplug the MAF

Knock Retard Recovery Rate (Deg/S) Rate at which PCM recovers from KR; by RPM
    can be added

Knock Retard Default Value (Deg by A/F Ratio) (We have Maximum)
    this is only used if a knock sensor fault is present

Supercharger Boost Ramp Rate (rate at which boost is brought in)
    this is the ramp rate only after a boost cut due to torque management occurs, it's not used otherwise.

Catalyst overtemp boost protection (Cat Temp at which boost solenoid is opened for cooling) I thought this one was in there but couldn't find it.
    it's mislabelled for now, it's called Boost Timer Max, under Engine, Airflow.

Any other tables relating to boost control, I had heard the Boost Solenoid in the 04+ is controlled via PCM....I believe this..at part throttle, my boost will *increase* on 1-2 shift when the TPS % doesn't change.

Any tables relating to TQM closing the TB. I do have to test this with TQM Disabled, weather permitting.
    i don't belive there are any other tables relating to controlling boost. Only the torque management limits, Max Tq vs RPM vs Gear, Max Tq vs Gear, Max Tq vs RPM
    I count sheep in hex...

Cool, thanks, Chris, Bill for the fast response...

I will have to check on the laptop but I think its the labels on the TCC apply tables....the values seemed ok.

Adding the two would be great.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The maf fail frequency parameter can be added on a case by case basis if its really needed, personally I've never seen the need to perform a VE tune on my 00 gtp since from what I've been told its not utilized when the maf is active which is why many of the calibrations simply have 80% all the way across the board lol and therefore I've never asked for it to be added to even my calibration.

The axis seems to be marked correctly as Throttle position by % and the values within are mph.

-Bill

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners

personally I've never seen the need to perform a VE tune on my 00 gtp since from what I've been told its not utilized when the maf is active which is why many of the calibrations simply have 80% all the way across the board lol and therefore I've never asked for it to be added to even my calibration.

-Bill
    Your new gang of 3800 guys, I am sure, will dissagree with you on this one. I dont have the time now but I am sure one of them will chime in on this as to what has been seen by doing it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 Regal GS
    Your new gang of 3800 guys, I am sure, will dissagree with you on this one. I dont have the time now but I am sure one of them will chime in on this as to what has been seen by doing it.
    They can disagree all they want, but I'll take Chris's word on it

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...5&postcount=15

guys, it works like this in the code:

1. the MAF is used all the time in normal conditions ie. P0101, 102, 103 not set.

2. there is an option thats sets what the PCM uses for airflow if the MAF fails, it has a few different options: Zero, Speed Density or MAF Estimation. Usually this is set to Speed Density. MAF estimation is similar to Alpha-N style tuning.

3. it looks like the VE can be calibrated to be used during transients, but this isn't done in any cals i have seen. Possibly GM has never tested that code or never found a need for it.

A simple test would be to set your VE table to zero and see if the car still runs.

Hope that helps,

Chris...

Advanced Tuner
    A couple quick additions..

Knock Retard Recovery Rate appears to be Knock Retard Decay in HP Tuners

MAF Low Frequency Threshold, do you have MAF Fail High in the Engine Diag>Airflow section? If so, just set the number to zero for tuning ve if you dont want to unplug the MAF. It just sets the opposite code of what you were trying to trigger with MAF Low Frequency Threshold (I guess it would be MAF Fail Low in HP Tuners).

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    this is the ramp rate only after a boost cut due to torque management occurs, it's not used otherwise.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this Chris.
    I changed mine in the PT from 1.0 to 1.4 and the boost definitely ramps faster so I don't think it only applies during torque management actions... Anybody else use this?
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Quote Originally Posted by Perforator
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on this Chris.
    I changed mine in the PT from 1.0 to 1.4 and the boost definitely ramps faster so I don't think it only applies during torque management actions... Anybody else use this?
    yes you are correct, my bad (misread my own notes). will add that one to the list as well.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by 90 Regal GS
    Ahhh Yes. The V6 VE tuning dilema! With all of the new V6 guys coming in in droves, perhaps we can bring Bill to the "darkside" and show him the usefullness of doing it!
    Regal GS Site Owner / HPT Moderator / FTV6 Mod

I double (er..triple checked), the TCC apply tables are correct..my bad, sorry.

I have seen differences with boost ramp rate, typically with respect to transient KR/burst KR (the KR you see when you stomp it initially vs. KR at the rpm top end).

I have also seem to have seen more stable LTFTs with a tuned VE table.....I guess it would be an interesting test to make it all 0s and see what happens. I'd do that but the weather kinda sucks for that sort of thing. EDIT/UPDATE: See V6 Section...I tried a 0 VE table...car doesn't want to start, stalls runs like total crap. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...618#post112618

Knock Retard Recovery Rate appears to be Knock Retard Decay in HP
    Tuners
    Not on mine... KR Decay has numbers from 453 @ 0 rpm to 68 @6400. The "other" tuner I have 9.99 degrees down to 1.5 @ 6000+ rpm. I don't know what the units are on the HPT...
    Last edited by johnh; 12-21-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Potential Tuner
    are there already lean decel mode tables? (sorry i'm a dhp guy looking to switch over SOON)

Quote Originally Posted by 99BLACKGT
    are there already lean decel mode tables? (sorry i'm a dhp guy looking to switch over SOON)
    yes both AE and DE are in there.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    They can disagree all they want, but I'll take Chris's word on it

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...5&postcount=15
    i agree i set my hole to 200 and the car ran fine nor did it affect my maf tune, WOT was also fine....

now if the maf is unpluged it will not run lol
    http://www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 Stalled V6 Camaro
    Goal: 10.99 in the 1/4
    Goal: 100 MPH (completed)

Best Dyno: 456 RWHP and 509 RWTQ
    Best: 1/4 mile 11.23 20 PSI
    Best1/8: 7.18 @ 99 1.83, 60 foot 20 PSI

Since my thread never got answered to months ago..... What is the outlook on adding IAC adjustments? Idle and startup airflow adjustment really needs to be added to the 3800 carlines. I think it was Chris that I emailed on this almost a year ago and you mentioned being really busy with updates and didnt know if/when it would be added but is there any future for this to be added? Also alternater cutoff rpm would be benificial. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trannyman95 View Post
    Since my thread never got answered to months ago..... What is the outlook on adding IAC adjustments? Idle and startup airflow adjustment really needs to be added to the 3800 carlines. I think it was Chris that I emailed on this almost a year ago and you mentioned being really busy with updates and didnt know if/when it would be added but is there any future for this to be added? Also alternater cutoff rpm would be benificial. Thanks!
    Couldn't agree more the iac counts are what cause the rich condition well running mafless ve tune.only problem to running with no maf is when above 20mph when taking foot off throttle completely iac counts drop to 40-50 instead of the 70-80 with the maf pluged in if there was a way to correct the iac counts well coasting you could run a ve tune on the 3800 cars. Could send a scan of this info