Thread: 2 BAR Sensors

Tuner in Training

2 BAR Sensors

Ok had a question about the 2 Bar sensors...have a 04 chevy cavalier turbo ecotec...with out the stock 1 Bar sensor, is it a must that i get the 2 Bar sensor or not? would it greatly help my car and get a more fine tune?...has anyone else done this also, if I put in the 2 Bar sensor would i still do a fake 2 or 3 Bar tune?....please help me with all the info you have...thanks

Post your tune, as some 2.2's have TPS based fueling (Alfa N), and some have a Map based fuel table (SD). If you have the SD fuel map, then install a 2 bar map & copy the 40 kpa column to the 20 & the 50 kpa column to the 25 kpa column etc.

With a 2 bar map sensor installed, the map kpa reading will be halved for all the tables. Note that the resolution is halved.

Read up on this thread for more info.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15068

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    ok here is a copy of my tune pretty sure...its does not have SD

Your OS is TPS based fueling (Alfa N). So just use your stock 1 bar map sensor.

Change your PE multiplier table to 1.00, as values greater than 1.00 lean the PE commanded AFR.

Russ Kemp

Yeah just use the factory 1 bar sensor. Then do a fake 2 bar map for timing.

With a 1 bar map sensor, how do you think that you can fake a 2 bar timing table? Not possible, the timing value in the 105 kpa row will be used under boost.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    With a 1 bar map sensor, how do you think that you can fake a 2 bar timing table? Not possible, the timing value in the 105 kpa row will be used under boost.

Russ Kemp

You are correct. Whenb the ECU is reading 105kpa it is actually much higher. Same as the others fields like 40kpa, 50kpa etc..... All you are really doing is lowering the timing. It is tricking the ECU/ faking. ECU thinks it is at 105kpa, but is way higher.

Just lower the spark timing in the 105 kpa column with the stock 1 bar map.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Just lower the spark timing in the 105 kpa column with the stock 1 bar map.

Russ Kemp
    Russ is right... Don't waste your time on the fake 2bar....

P&P Tuning