Thread: Data not logging in VCM editor

Data not logging in VCM editor

First my ECT and IAT would not register on my 97 Grand Prix GTP. I later used a different config and they finally showed. I compared the settings and both were config preferences were identical. Anything else I should be changing to allow these to read?

More importantly, my MAF hz were displaying fine one day, three days later they no longer register. I've switched config files but nothing. My fist log still shows MAF hz, but no new scans show it. Nothing was changed. Could I have accidentally changed a setting?

Thank you,

Steve

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you need to log what you want to view in the table display as outlined in the helpfile www.hptuners.com/help
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    you need to log what you want to view in the table display as outlined in the helpfile www.hptuners.com/help
    Thank you for your response. However, my data was already being logged, and now suddenly it is no longer reading. I have verified with my other scan gauge that the MAF hz is working properly, but not reading on VCM. My question thusly, why was it previously reading and suddenly not? I've re-setup the chart settings as before when I first set them to read MAF Hz, but nothing this time. I'll state again, these DID WORK at one time.
    I will however go back and check the help file once again for anything I might have missed.
    Incidentally, my tuner no longer reads squat!
    I am wondering if I just have a bad interface?
    I've attached scan file and config file for your reference, as you can see, fist file shows MAF hz while 3 days later it's missing. Again, my scan guage still reads it so it's not car equipment or car electrical problems.

Thank you
    Steve
    99GTP: Flowmasters, ZZP Power log & Ported rear, 9.5:1, Bored over .010, removed balance shaft, Dbl roller chain, Intense S1X, custom ported heads, 45#inj., 105lb springs, 1.7 rockers, A103's, 180-stat, Gen V swap, 97 Cadillac TB & Custom machined alum. spacer, 95 GTP Hood louvers
    97GTP: Stock engine, 95 GTP Hood louvers

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Your 97 only supports 24 bytes of data, by you attempting to log 40+ bytes of data the scanner has no choice but to drop some of that data to get it within in the 24 bytes maximum.

Your answer is to Log 24 bytes or less.

Have a good night.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Oohhh... gotcha.
    thank you very much.
    99GTP: Flowmasters, ZZP Power log & Ported rear, 9.5:1, Bored over .010, removed balance shaft, Dbl roller chain, Intense S1X, custom ported heads, 45#inj., 105lb springs, 1.7 rockers, A103's, 180-stat, Gen V swap, 97 Cadillac TB & Custom machined alum. spacer, 95 GTP Hood louvers
    97GTP: Stock engine, 95 GTP Hood louvers