Thread: Few questions about my PCM...

Potential Tuner

Few questions about my PCM...

I'll be ordering my HPTuner soon for my 00 Grand Am 3.4l v-6 which currently has a DHP PCM in it.

My 1st question is....will I be able to rewrite the DHP PCM to a stock bin file so I can start the tune from there?

Second question: Can I just replace the DHP PCM with a stock PCM from another car (same make, model, year, etc.) and sell the DHP one?

Thanks in advance.......soon to be HPTuners owner

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You'd be better off replacing the dhp with a stock pcm from another car(same make, model, year, etc.) as my understanding is dhp locked their earlier pcms & the later ones there was a checksum issue of some sort that our program will not fix with them so your definitely better off starting fresh.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    OK...great!!!!!!

I figured I can take care of that now before I get the tuner so I don't run into any problems.

THANKS!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Dont want to give up the PCM if you dont have to?

Wait till you get the tuner, read the pcm.. See if you can open the file.. If you can, well, that's great.. If you cant, sell the current PCM and get a stock one.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.