Thread: Tuning for Meth.....

Tuner

Tuning for Meth.....

Hey all.....was thinking about a Meth setup for my cobalt.....currently has a 2.7" and some 60 pound injectors.....wondering where I would start from there in terms of starting to tune for the meth???? Would if be mostly timing adjusmtents needing to be made, or will the fuel need to be completley redone as well??

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Fuel will definitly need to be redone. It will be rich at the point of onset,tapering as rpm increases. This is due to the fixed flow nature of the meth system, it's simply "on". You'll likely be able to advance timing beyond the point of max torque/hp before KR, so either tune timeing by trap speed or with a chassis dyno.

Tuner
    Hi I have a meth question I was looking into a coolingmist setup but its kinda spendy? is it worth the money or could I get away with a cheaper kit?

I dont mean to jack your thread sunburst but I didnt want to waste cyber space and start a new thread over a similar topic.
    Got GEN II-IV LSx or GEN V LTx parts to sell? Post em completely free on LSx LTx buy/sell/trade Facebook group. Invite your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169854669867850/

DO YOU OWN A FORD, DODGE OR GM ALLOYTECH VEHICLE AND GET A MESSAGE SAYING "VALIDATE CHECKSUM FAILED. YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO SAVE OR FLASH THIS FILE." IF SO FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...lash-this-file

Tuner
    I figured the fuel would need to be redone...and probably leaned out a bit from where it is now. I was probably going to shoot for somewher ein the 11.8-12.0:1 area......now, would I go about tuning the fuel first for where I wanted it to be.....then inject the meth and start tuning the timing from there?? I would assume I would basically be concerned with my high octain timing map, advancing timing under injetion periods

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    As long as the kit has a good pump and switch your golden. (well relativly) I have used the snow performance kits before, then work as good as any other.

Figure out where it's going to turn on (say above 7psi) then go thru the fueling map and lean out the areas above 7psi. IM not sure how the cobalt ECM is oraganized, but yu may have to do in in the PE tables.
    Only after you have gotten your AFR curve nice and smooth, 12.0-12.5 with the meth, will you start playing wiht the high octane tables.