Thread: MPVI vs Serial?

MPVI vs Serial?

I currently have a serial interface. I need to buy a 3bar file for it which is 200 dollars.

Upgrading to the MPVI is 150 and then the 3bar is only 100 dollars.

Obviously I can upgrade to the MPVI for 50 dollars more. Is this worth it? What can I do with the MPVI that I can't with the serial interface?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can tune any vehicle on our supported list as well as scan any of these vehicles, this also allows you to single vcm license pcm's, it also enters you into the upgrade credits system, not to mention its a usb interface which most newer laptops don't even have an older serial port.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So with the serial I can tune only GM Gen 3 and GM v6 for a price of 200 bucks each correct? The 200 dollars is for unlimited year and model?

Can I scan anything for free with the serial? or just gm gen 3 and v6?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    So with the serial I can tune only GM Gen 3 and GM v6 for a price of 200 bucks each correct? The 200 dollars is for unlimited year and model?
    Correct & even the V6 lineup is limited since some of the later v6's are CAN based you won't be able to even communicate with them.

Can I scan anything for free with the serial? or just gm gen 3 and v6?
    just gen3 & most v6's

Currently I have unlimited 98 fbody and 02 fbody, i will keep those if i upgrade correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by striker754
    Currently I have unlimited 98 fbody and 02 fbody, i will keep those if i upgrade correct?
    Correct, also this means you will be entered into the upgrade credit system with 75% of those licenses go towards the tunershop license which is only 30 credits normally.