Thread: Newbie learning

Newbie learning

I just got my tuner in today and so far I am happy with the ease of use. Now I have alot of reading to do!!! I did already figure out how to log and write. Now I wish I would have bought this years ago
    Once I figure out how to remove some of the torque management and change the timing I will be happy.

congrats, ull get so addicted!!! what car u tuning for?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Just a stock truck with a 5.3 until I get my next toy. Just sold my Z28 but looking for a vette now.

Quote Originally Posted by bcar
    Once I figure out how to remove some of the torque management and change the timing I will be happy.
    Completely eliminating it may not be the best answer if you want the trans to live. You may want to look a little deeper in the cal and see where you may want to reduce it by some amount rather than completely blowing it out. You don't want to be the guy posting on 4 months about "anybody know a good trans builder?"...

Well I guess my wording was wrong on that one, I would like to reduce some of the torque management. I have seen on here where most guys remove 50 to 80 %

I think im the designated transmission "blower-aparter" on here.

Some good reading:

Instance #1

Instance #2

If you have the urge and feel you absolutely MUST mess with the Transmission TM, dont take it all out. Usually you'll see on here that people generally take out about 20%. Snag it all out of the Engine section, not the trans. If you read both those thread links, you'll see that Ive been through trans problems twice. The 2nd one, not so much my fault but I did run it with 0 Transmission TM for about 3 months.

Glean what you will from that, good luck, and welcome to HP Tuners!

Yea I might be dangerous now. Over the years I have managed to wipe out about a dozen trannys, even a couple of manuals. Now I can play with how they work