Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lean spike before entering PE

yeah, I notice. very rich. i'm not sure what I should do at this point...where do i begin?

Should I leave itat tps20% and adjust the PE tables and see if that fixes the problem?

your next step should be to get your wideband logging in HPT too.

then you should fix your pe eq ratio table and set it to some sane numbers so that the ecm isn't dumping so much fuel in there when pe activates.
    go back to the stock pe table and add .11 across the board for starters.
    Last edited by my_bd; 01-17-2008 at 12:42 PM.
    my_bd 2004 Saturn Ion Redline - 2.0L Supercharged LSJ (P12) 13.1 @ 110

Talking

PJK91
    Where did you get those PE settings from?

I command 1.270 for my eq ratio across the board.
    Your pe delay is 1900 rpm and I run mine at 100
    Your map pe enable is 0? I have mine set at 105 KPA
    Since it appears your only seeing 99 KPA due to the 1 bar map, you need to scale it or figure out what KPA 1 lb of boost is on your scanner.

Also if you're tuning off your maf, why do you have dynamic airflow enabled? With DYnamic Airflow the vcm is looking at the ve coef's which you can't tune without a VVE (virtual VE) tuner. I noticed your VE tables are all screwy, and I wonder if this is why your having trouble.

You need to disable dynamic airflow if your going to tune boost off the maf, unless you can do the math to change your VE tables I'd tune maf only. If not your VE tables are going to mess with your afr.

I would also force open loop for tuning and reset your fuel trims before logging etc. LTFT anf STFT will hose any WB tuning you are trying to accomplish, and open loop runs much stronger than CL does.

Just my .02 but the hpt you posted scares me..... pe should come in instantly when you're in boost. My tip in is always a little lean from commanded AFR OL to commanded PE AFR but I never get below 13.7 then once in PE I run mid 11's on AFR until peak HP.

Here is a config file I use. You need to log more data (ETC whatever wide band your using etc etc) Without good data, it's hard to tell what's going on.

Jim
    Last edited by Quasimotor; 01-28-2008 at 01:50 AM.
    2006 Chevy HHR 2.4L W/M62 Eaton From a Cobalt.
    60 Lb Siemens injectors
    2.7 inch pulley
    Upgraded Aftercooler plate
    Ion MAF with 3 inch tube
    2.5 bar LSJ MAP
    obx header
    trying to tune for e-85

Talking

PJK
    If your using the 2.5 bar lsj map, you need to go into engine diag tab/airflow, and rescale your map. The reason you only see 99 KPA is your map is scaled to 94.43 instead of the LSJ scale.

Change that and log your map, the you should see actual KPA, and your PE should work better.

I hope.
    Jim
    60 Lb Siemens injectors
    2.7 inch pulley
    Ion MAF with 3 inch tube
    2.5 bar LSJ MAP
    obx header
    trying to tune for e-85

Quasi

Thanks for the reply. I had a guy on css.net look at the hpt for me, and he basically said the same thing. The dynamic airflow was disabled because initially i wasn't using the map...but now i am (and it looks like i never renabled)...

Will be working on this next week! Hopefully! For now, I keep it out of anything >5psi high load, and I watch afrs.
    2007 Cobalt SS 2.4 5spd SUPERCHARGED

Quote Originally Posted by pjk91
    Quasi

Thanks for the reply. I had a guy on css.net look at the hpt for me, and he basically said the same thing. The dynamic airflow was disabled because initially i wasn't using the map...but now i am (and it looks like i never renabled)...

Will be working on this next week! Hopefully! For now, I keep it out of anything >5psi high load, and I watch afrs.
    PJK,
    You don't want dynamic airflow enabled if your tuning on the MAF. That file you posted had it enabled, and many of the ve coef tables looked modified.

Without a Virtual VE table you really can't adjust the dynamic airflow ve tables corectly.

You need to disable dynamic airflow, fix your PE settings, and tune off the MAF IMHO.

Jim
    60 Lb Siemens injectors
    2.7 inch pulley
    Ion MAF with 3 inch tube
    2.5 bar LSJ MAP
    obx header
    trying to tune for e-85