Thread: Tranny TCC lockup ??

Tuner in Training

Tranny TCC lockup ??

in the transmission section, Auto TCC, shift lock it give you to options Enabled/Disabled, I read in the help section that having it set to Enabled is really hard on the transmission, but I checked my stock tune and it was set to Enabled, I also checked a few other stock tunes in the repository and they were set to Enabled, I currenly have mine set to Disable and I have not noticed any change in shift properties. Where should I have this set to??

Tuner in Training
    When the TCC is locked/applied (needs to be enabled) then the tranny fluid is circulated through the radiator. If TCC is not locked then expect tranmission temps to rise.

What is bad for the transmission is to have the TCC locked/applied during a gear shift. You want to have this unabled.

What still amazes me to this day, is that in truck calibrations, (even mine) TCC Lock during shifts is set to enabled from the factory. So, who knows.

If you dont believe me, pull a stock truck cal from the repository and look. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266
    What still amazes me to this day, is that in truck calibrations, (even mine) TCC Lock during shifts is set to enabled from the factory. So, who knows.

If you dont believe me, pull a stock truck cal from the repository and look. :-)
    Same goes for the C6 A6, in higher gears it's applied before a shift in the middle of the part throttle tables. But who knows, I'm still a novice and could be reading the table completely wrong. However, when a tuner looked at my tables he said I adjusted them correctly for my higher shifts. Dumb luck I guess.