Thread: New to the site with a 2000 Buick Regal GSE

Tuner

New to the site with a 2000 Buick Regal GSE

Hey guys,

The name is Mike and in December 2006 I got my 2000 Buick Regal GSE. From the day I got this car I have been in love with the styling, performance, and the sleeper factor.

Anyway today the car has had quite a bit of mods done too it. Last Sept I took it up to a local member to have most of the work done to the car. The stuff I had done to it I have listed below in my signature. The installer took pictures of the entire build. I have posted the link below.

Mike's Buick Regal Build Pictures

Now that all the performance mods are done I wanted to get myself a tuner. The car was tuned however for WOT its still running stock timing and such. I know I have room for improvement. I just got my HP tuner in a few days ago and finally had the time to plug it in. I am now going to start tuning the car once I get the hang of using the device. This is the first time for me to ever tune a car. I am not going to go crazy and take it one step at a time. This is my daily driver and I can't risk blowing it up because of doing something silly.

Here are some videos of my car in action below.

This video is my car almost stock right before I took it in to have all the upgrades installed. I ran a 14.5 1/4" at the time. I had the Trans and FWI at the time.

Almost Stock Pull From 20MPH

This video was done a few months after I got my car back.

After Upgrades Regal Somewhat Pull From 20mph

I have to say it was a big difference for me once I got the car back. I just love the performance and the mpg I am getting out of this car. I hope with the help from others and this site I will have a very successful time tuning my car and getting it to the track this spring to see what she does now.. i wonder....
    2000 Buick Regal GSE Ported Gen III SC with 3.0” Pulley, Northstar TB, ZZP Ported LIM, ZZP Stage III IC, Comp VS Cam, Comp 105 Springs, Viton Valve Seals, 42.5 Injectors, PRJ Gen II Fuel Rails and Racetronix Fuel Pump with HD Harness, TOG Headers with 3” Catted Downpipe, ZZP 3” Dual Stainless Cat-back, Dynotech Stage II Trans, 3.29 Final Drive, 2750 stall converter, GTP Engine Cradle Mounts, Front Motor Mounts Spun 90*, JMB 4” FWI, Autolite 104’s, 180* stat, GMPP Handing Kit, Moog Endlinks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Welcome over Mike!
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Welcome over Mike!
    Thanks Bill. All I got to do now is wait for HP to get back to me about fixing my Invalid Vin/OS Pair Error message. Hope they can give me a hand.
    2000 Buick Regal GSE Ported Gen III SC with 3.0” Pulley, Northstar TB, ZZP Ported LIM, ZZP Stage III IC, Comp VS Cam, Comp 105 Springs, Viton Valve Seals, 42.5 Injectors, PRJ Gen II Fuel Rails and Racetronix Fuel Pump with HD Harness, TOG Headers with 3” Catted Downpipe, ZZP 3” Dual Stainless Cat-back, Dynotech Stage II Trans, 3.29 Final Drive, 2750 stall converter, GTP Engine Cradle Mounts, Front Motor Mounts Spun 90*, JMB 4” FWI, Autolite 104’s, 180* stat, GMPP Handing Kit, Moog Endlinks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah unfortunatly the operating system thats in your pcm was never offered by GM for your vin number, this usually occurs when using an aftermarket pcm from a company that may only support a small handful of operating systems and instead of sending the pcm's out with one that was deemed valid from GM they'll throw in the operating system they have previously used in other vehicles and just attach your vin number to it.

You might want to try getting in touch with Jerry H or Devildogg here to see if either have a valid OS from http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web for your vin number, then just slap in your vin number into that file & you'll be on your way.

-Bill

-Bill

Tuner
    Thanks for all your help Bill. However I typed my VIN # in and i don't see anything about the OS's that my PCM can use? Just shows history about my PCM i guess?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Tuner
    Yeah Bill I don't get anything like you do on your screen with my VIN #. I just sent you an email with a picture and my VIN. Really odd?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you need to click on the pcm/vcm operating system option & then click next to bring up the operating systems.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    you need to click on the pcm/vcm operating system option & then click next to bring up the operating systems.
    Thats the thing I don't have it. When I type my VIN in and click GET CAL the next page says:

Controller: Please Select .... I can only select PCM/VCM Powertrain/Vehicle Control Module or V.T.D VehicleTheft Deterrent Learn. If I select the PCM/VCM one the next page says:

Module: Control Module. There must be something wrong with that VIN. I will have to check it tomorrow or my VIN does not work on that site correctly?

Tuner
    I tried my friends Regal and Grand Prix VIN on that page and the same thing. It does not list the Operating System for these cars I guess?

Let me look mike and see if I have one of those for you.
    Regal GS Site Owner / HPT Moderator / FTV6 Mod

Give this one a shot Mike...

BTW - I tried mine from my stock read and I have the same issues. My OS ID does not come up invalid, but also does not show on the site.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Gary your cal ID number matches your vcm os id in your case. TIS isn't always easy to read lol

Damn.... I was up all night with a sick kid....Don't know how in the hell I missed that!

Tuner
    Thanks Devil for the bin file. Last night I went though all my bin files I had on my computer and lucky enough I came across a 2000 GS with the same OS ID my PCM had stock which is 12201803 . However I found out that if I want to fix my pcm with a bin file from another HP tuner that I am going to have to use 4 credits to license the file? I really hate to loose 2 more credits because of this problem. Is there any other option besides that or having to pay a big cost at a GM dealer for them to flash it back to stock? If i was to get another stock PCM what would I have to make sure I know about that PCM? I really like to keep my stock PCM but I just don't know what to do at this point.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You need to either have the dealer reflash it back to a valid file & read that file from the pcm(will only use 2 credits)

Or use our software to load a valid file(will use 4 credits to license both vcm ID numbers that are unique to each pcm).

Those are your two options as I informed you via AIM last night.