Thread: 00 GTP - Delete VATS for Remote Starter

Advanced Tuner

Question 00 GTP - Delete VATS for Remote Starter

Hi guys,

My wife has a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

I would like to install a basic remote start and I guess to make it work you have to get a bypass module.

Can you disable VATS so I don't have to pay $60+ for the bypass module?

Has anyone ever done this?

I found this link but will it work for the purpose I want?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12399

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

id like to know as well. eventually going to put in an alarm/remote start instead of just the alarm i have right now. even though its a piece of cake bypassing the vats, just rather do it where i wont have to mess with resistors. also, the gps use passlock and not vats. the vats systems have the resistors built into the key itself.

Potential Tuner
    passlock is being very difficult for me as well...anyone know what to do to disable it?

Under, system, general, VATS You can change the VATS. I forget which one disables it, But the V6 cars only have two choices, So try the other one.

Senior Tuner
    (PWM)Pulse Width Modulated. You also need to remove from your DTC's as well. Set to #3, no error reported for P1626 and P1629

Advanced Tuner
    I would just get the bypass module. I have installed remote start in both of my vehicles and the bypass/interface module makes hooking everything up much easier. bypasskits.com makes some of the best modules. Also check ebay once you find the one you need for better prices.

Potential Tuner
    thanx for the help guys