Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will "AutoTune" be ready by **July 2008**

Advanced Tuner

Will "AutoTune" be available by July 2007?

I haven't been on this site for a while, kinda out of the loop, I was wondering if the Autotune feature will be available before July 2007.

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

only Keith can tell us for sure....

he's in charge on making that happen from what I understand
    -Scott -

I can say with 100% certainty that the answer is maybe.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    I can say with 100% certainty that the answer is maybe.
    bahahahahahaha

just depends on if they get the bugs worked out of it.

What bugs? What do you know that the rest of us don't?
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    lol apparently stuff Keith & I arent aware of...there are no bugs, it just is not ready yet

/thread
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So how exactly is this autotune gonna work? You just run it and do some logging and the car will automatically develope a pretty optimal tune? Then you just go over it and tweak it a bit yourself?

My SOM T/A's FQuick!
    2002 T/A: Torquer V3, Full Boltons, Suspension, M6, Lots of misc things.
    My Z/28's Cardomain (13.9 @ 101.1)
    1997 Z/28: A4, Some boltons, Lots of misc things.

Quote Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
    So how exactly is this autotune gonna work? You just run it and do some logging and the car will automatically develope a pretty optimal tune? Then you just go over it and tweak it a bit yourself?
    the idea is pretty simple...implimenting it so that it works correctly is not so simple...

basically you turn on your laptop...open up hpt scanner...push go
    drive around..and based on a set of parameters that you set up it will update the RTT table on its own...minimal user interaction required..
    an example is you tell it to update it every 30 seconds or every 20 frame count hits...and you just set it up and ignore it until you are done...

when you are done you save the info and start working on something else...

thats it
    -Scott -

It cannot be that difficult. The Link ECU (developed in New Zealand more than a decade ago) did it on a crude 8 bit processor, at low resolution, and it worked like a charm. I think it's more a priority issue than a doable issue.

Here's an excerpt from the Link ECU manual: 'There are two modes of tuning the fuel: coarse and fine. Coarse tuning is done first, and tunes at any RPM and MAP within a zone. Fine tuning is done next, and tunes only when close to the zone centres as described on page ...'

You can run sens.30 and sens.70 filters against the VE data to come up with quality data, but the filter field is currently too small to put in all the filters. And it's still not autotune, since you still have to manually populate the VE table with the corrections.

A month from now, when I can finally get my C5 on the road, I hope that there's an autotune beta available that I can use. I'll give that beta a workout!
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

lol, if it wasn't that difficult it would have been done by now.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Well perhaps I could help you move this project forward by giving you Ray Ayala's email address. He's the fellow that took the Link software from the stone age to the jet age. Please PM me if you want it.
    Best regards,
    Bill

A question that i have is: I see people talking about beta testing stuff once in a while. How do I get in on this beta testing stuff?

My SOM T/A's FQuick!

Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531
    It cannot be that difficult. The Link ECU (developed in New Zealand more than a decade ago) did it on a crude 8 bit processor, at low resolution, and it worked like a charm. I think it's more a priority issue than a doable issue.

Here's an excerpt from the Link ECU manual: 'There are two modes of tuning the fuel: coarse and fine. Coarse tuning is done first, and tunes at any RPM and MAP within a zone. Fine tuning is done next, and tunes only when close to the zone centres as described on page ...'

You can run sens.30 and sens.70 filters against the VE data to come up with quality data, but the filter field is currently too small to put in all the filters. And it's still not autotune, since you still have to manually populate the VE table with the corrections.

A month from now, when I can finally get my C5 on the road, I hope that there's an autotune beta available that I can use. I'll give that beta a workout!
    and more than a decade ago the PCM's in ou vehicles were a lit simpler as well...
    it far more advanced than it used to be...which makes it harder than it used to be....
    hell..even our home PC's used to suck compared to todays standards...

its not an apples to apples comparison...
    and it has to work for all vehicles using RTT...and we have a much more complex setup than what used to be in the old days
    -Scott -

If you just sit there and think of all the posibilities of what can be logged and changed, and the filters that would have to be implemented, you'd definitely know it was no simple task at all. Add to that having to make it idiot-proof so people like me don't screw it up, and you have what we are currently seeing - it taking a while to make it to the end-user. I'd much rather have something that works right the first time than have bugs all over the place.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Quote Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
    A question that i have is: I see people talking about beta testing stuff once in a while. How do I get in on this beta testing stuff?
    dont you know...we're already secretly using your vehicle to beta test all new things...
    if your car starts talking to you suddenly and makes death threats..just ignore it....we'll fix that bug later...oh...and whatever you do...dont press that red button I just installed last night while you were sleeping.....
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    dont you know...we're already secretly using your vehicle to beta test all new things...
    if your car starts talking to you suddenly and makes death threats..just ignore it....we'll fix that bug later...oh...and whatever you do...dont press that red button I just installed last night while you were sleeping.....
    So that is why none of these tuning guides aren't making sense, it has been tuning itself all along

My SOM T/A's FQuick!

Senior Tuner
    Ya'll are total comedians to follow in the threads each day... When HpTuners can be hooked up and tune a car by simply driving it around I will open my first bank acct. under the nickname... "Highway Robbery"... because that is what it is going to be like when the money starts rolling in from tuning my friends rides... Thanks for all the hard work so far HPTuners! Look forward to this release.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    lol apparently stuff Keith & I arent aware of...there are no bugs, it just is not ready yet

/thread
    isnt that kind of a contradiction?