Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will "AutoTune" be ready by **July 2008**

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
    isnt that kind of a contradiction?
    not really... a bug is an issue with the software after it's determined testable or production ready... not being ready means there needs to be more development time to get it testable
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by horist
    not really... a bug is an issue with the software after it's determined testable or production ready... not being ready means there needs to be more development time to get it testable
    Ignore him, he drives a Comp G
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    1995 Jeep Cherokee

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Dragon
    Ignore him, he drives a Comp G
    lol nah, hes cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
    lol nah, hes cool

Twas a joke, I drive a Comp G as well
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    1995 Jeep Cherokee

i dnt suppose the I6s will have this feature?? id love to see how close(or even far) my tunes are to optimal ones :P

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    aem and accel have had software for quite some time now, that allows for auto-tuning. its more hassle than its worth, really. its so much easier to just manually adjsut everything. the real problem solver would be "real-time" tuning for every application!!!!!

that is what this tuner would like to see

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsrt4
    aem and accel have had software for quite some time now, that allows for auto-tuning. its more hassle than its worth, really. its so much easier to just manually adjsut everything. the real problem solver would be "real-time" tuning for every application!!!!!

that is what this tuner would like to see
    eh, the autotune feature will be a product of the scanner. Real time tuning is a product of our custom operating systems. Two separate people work on both so its not taking time away from one another.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531
    It cannot be that difficult. The Link ECU (developed in New Zealand more than a decade ago) did it on a crude 8 bit processor, at low resolution, and it worked like a charm. I think it's more a priority issue than a doable issue.

Here's an excerpt from the Link ECU manual: 'There are two modes of tuning the fuel: coarse and fine. Coarse tuning is done first, and tunes at any RPM and MAP within a zone. Fine tuning is done next, and tunes only when close to the zone centres as described on page ...'

You can run sens.30 and sens.70 filters against the VE data to come up with quality data, but the filter field is currently too small to put in all the filters. And it's still not autotune, since you still have to manually populate the VE table with the corrections.

A month from now, when I can finally get my C5 on the road, I hope that there's an autotune beta available that I can use. I'll give that beta a workout!
    Bill,

I owned the very expensive ($1450 for ECU/keypad/serial interface at the time) LINK also.

I want Autotune as much as the next guy, but you are not being fair comparing an aftermarket ECU with a factory one.

Ray was a sharp guy who did assembler programming on a single, small OS. These folks have to deal with reverse engineering hundreds of OSes, with what? Two sharp guys?

That being said, I do believe the diesel and new manufacturer support are taking priority.

I'll be satisfied if they don't drop support for the LS1 ECU's

I still maintain that better documentation would sell more boxes in the meantime.

We NEED software that the average Joe can use. We need the equivalent of the desktop publishing revolution for tuning.
    1999 C5 FRC

Advanced Tuner
    Any new updates on this, July is right around the corner now...

Tuner
    One thing that would help is if the average joe dropped the extra dough on picking up a wideband o2 setup. Doing any sort of tuning with just fuel trims is like sniping without a scope. You need a level of detail that just isn't available with the stock oxygen sensors. I'm sure people can get it close, some might get it 'dead on' but I think that's the exception and not the norm.

There are literally thousands of parameter that are available in these VCM's and thousands of choices of setups. I can see where it would take awhile to build this function into the software.

Guess I should drop the $300 and upgrade my interface now. Fuel trim tuning is just ugly. Especially when they go in separate directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531
    Here's an excerpt from the Link ECU manual: 'There are two modes of tuning the fuel: coarse and fine. Coarse tuning is done first, and tunes at any RPM and MAP within a zone. Fine tuning is done next, and tunes only when close to the zone centres as described on page ...'
    Basically it does what American cars have been going since O2 sensors were fitted, its is mid '80s?

All cars now automatically adjust fueling based on Fuel trims, is this what you mean by the Link ECU? cars are constantly tuning themselves, its not a new thing. Even spark learn happens, if you get bad fuel it retards the timing until you fill it with new fuel then it learns again.

Americans are not behind on this. In fact they were one of the first due to emmisions concerns/laws.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
    is this what you mean by the Link ECU?
    No, the Link ECU would calculate (auto tune) the VE table in open loop, so that when closed loop was enabled (trimming - what you're talking about) the fuelling error would be +/- a small percentage.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Senior Tuner
    Nice old thread re-opened. I'm still holding my money until this feature becomes available...don't worry I'll never but the EFI-live program...I'm ready when you guys get it done.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    the idea is pretty simple...implimenting it so that it works correctly is not so simple...

basically you turn on your laptop...open up hpt scanner...push go
    drive around..and based on a set of parameters that you set up it will update the RTT table on its own...minimal user interaction required..
    an example is you tell it to update it every 30 seconds or every 20 frame count hits...and you just set it up and ignore it until you are done...

when you are done you save the info and start working on something else...

thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid
    Nice old thread re-opened. I'm still holding my money until this feature becomes available...don't worry I'll never but the EFI-live program...I'm ready when you guys get it done.
    Why wait? You can start tuning now even without AutoTune. You have RTT available now and you still have to know how to set up AutoTune to make it work correctly anyway.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by FRCTony
    Bill,

I owned the very expensive ($1450 for ECU/keypad/serial interface at the time) LINK also.

I want Autotune as much as the next guy, but you are not being fair comparing an aftermarket ECU with a factory one.

Ray was a sharp guy who did assembler programming on a single, small OS. These folks have to deal with reverse engineering hundreds of OSes, with what? Two sharp guys?

That being said, I do believe the diesel and new manufacturer support are taking priority.

I'll be satisfied if they don't drop support for the LS1 ECU's

I still maintain that better documentation would sell more boxes in the meantime.

We NEED software that the average Joe can use. We need the equivalent of the desktop publishing revolution for tuning.

Yeah, Bring on the new LBZ diesel tuning.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

2 more days to July. Any news yet ?

they are still working on it....
    hopefully finishing it soon..*crossing fingers*
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    they are still working on it....
    hopefully finishing it soon..*crossing fingers*
    Here's my vote for delaying public release until that comes out

I'm sure I'll be in the minority with the Ford folks chomping at the bit...
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130