Thread: trouble logging idle trims...

Tuner in Training

trouble logging idle trims...

Hi, I'm having difficulty logging idle trims with the standalone data logger. No issues logging the other parameters, just LTIT in and out of gear and the STIT. Please someone tell me how stupid I am. Thanks.
    99 silverado z71, 6.0

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    A cfg file doesn't help us much in this situation, we'd need to see your .hpl file or at least what difficulty your having?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Bill, you're talking to a dummy, what is a .hpl file? When I log idle trims I get nothing but zeroes. Thanks.
    99 silverado z71, 6.0

Tuner in Training
    Bill, I guess .hpl is a log file? Here's the last one I tried... included the tune I'm running as well. Thanks for your patience.
    99 silverado z71, 6.0

Tuner in Training
    Ttt.
    99 silverado z71, 6.0

Tuner in Training
    found the answer, thanks for the help(or lack of it).http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=stit+logging
    99 silverado z71, 6.0

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ahh, yeah most use the standalone datalogging demo http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/s...onelogging.swf which if you follow it would've avoided this issue, nothing in your tune or scan looked wrong so there was no fix other than to follow that demo.

I'll make some changes to the help file docs so maybe this can be avoided in the future though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, with the previous version 2.18 I changed the configuration a number of times and never had to reconnect with my laptop, that was what threw me. I actually did read(watch) the demo when I began having problems and wondered why you were hooking up the way you were because I never found it necessary. If I hadn't found the previous post I would have followed the demo and found my problem. Thanks.
    99 silverado z71, 6.0