Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50/50 timing calculator?

Senior Tuner

help

no ones made this work??

Senior Tuner
    The "calculator" determines the injection timing based on your pulse width and rail pressure using a predetermined % before top dead center. The HP Tuners portion just allows you to convert your tables to the EFI format since the calculator was developed for that software. If you look along the bottom there is a tab labled HPT Timing Tables which is where the tables end up, but there is a lot of copy and paste to be done before that can happen.

I explain a little in the post where I have the link, but there is more info on the sheet at the Deisel Place forum.
    Jaime

Tuner
    below is what the spreadsheet is doing. It is easy to make a similar spreadsheet speciific to HPTuners that does not need to translate the tables from EFI Live format. I have a spreadsheet that does mostly that.

RPM/60 = Engine Revolutions per Second
    360 = Degrees per Revolution
    RPM/60*360 = Engine Degrees of Revolution per Second
    RPM*6 = Engine Degrees of Revolution per Second

1 usec = 0.000001 seconds
    Injector Pulse Width (usec) * 0.000001 = Injector Pulse Width (seconds)

Engine Degrees of Revolution per Second * Injector Pulse Width (seconds) = Degrees of Engine Revolution Needed to Complete Injector Pulse

RPM*InjectorPulseWidth*0.000006 = Degrees of Engine Revolution Needed to Complete Injector Pulse
    Try to get as much fuel in before TDC as possible

Someone let me know if I missed anything.

Potential Tuner

Pilot injection timing - dwell vs main or TDC ref?

I have a question in regards to the reference of the pilot 1 and 2 timing values. I understand that the times listed are the dwell times in us, however, can anyone say whether this dwell time is 1) with respect to TDC or 2) with respect to the main timing.

Is this true for both PILOT 1 and PILOT 2?

Based upon the map values I assume that PILOT2 is an early pilot that references TDC and PILOT 1 is a close coupled pilot where the dwell is in reference to the start of the main.