Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50/50 timing calculator?

50/50 timing calculator?

A guy on dieselplace.com created one for EFI Live so does any have one that will work with HP Tuners or can anybody create one?

Maybe if you sent it to Bill?
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Im sure you could easily replicate it for hptuners but you should strongly consider getting permission from the person who originally made it up.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Josh is a really good guy. He likes to help people with tunning. He posted it up to the public so it is really out there.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

I'm pretty sure the Bosch and Isuzu engineers spent a bit more time in development and didn't rely on a postulated theory of pulse width and rail pressure to derive a timing table.
    Had a quick peek at it...it's a neat idea...You could probably manipulate it yourself as its' sitting out there for anyone to download.

It looks like it makes a pretty safe injection timing map, and a lot of work was put into it.

2004 LLY -- 2005 SSR -- 2005 Yukon (Wife's) -- 1999 C5 (my racing habit)-- 2001 C5 Convertible -- Seriously looking at a Solstice.....
    Last edited by Programmer; 01-20-2008 at 12:01 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah just in taking a look at it without help from Josh directly it would take weeks of work just to convert it over to hpt format.

I pm'd him over on dp so we'll see if theres even a chance of it coming to fruition.

Tuner
    That would be awesome. Ive ben playin with timing a little. Seem to be getting good results, but seems that the more i add the louder the d-max gets. Runs better to. I am not at home so i dont have access to a dyno to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Yeah just in taking a look at it without help from Josh directly it would take weeks of work just to convert it over to hpt format.

I pm'd him over on dp so we'll see if theres even a chance of it coming to fruition.
    Thanks Bill....I believe this would really help everyone out tuning the D-max. Looking forward to what y'all can do with it.

just a thought but why don't you just create a custom PID in the scanner tool to do the 50/50 timing for you? Then all you have todo is set your fule go for a quick drive copy and paste your new timing.

Tuner in Training
    I just posted this on DP as well...

I don't have the programs with me at work but I think the only major difference is that the table have the axis transposed so you would just have to paste the tables from HP into a "scratch area" (sheet 3 for ex.) then transpose paste them into the calculation tables. Then take the result and transpose paste it to the "scratch area" and paste it back to HP.

EDIT

On second thought there may be a KPa / MPa conversion to do, I will have to look at that later.
    Last edited by HSESWS6; 01-23-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HSESWS6
    I just posted this on DP as well...

I don't have the programs with me at work but I think the only major difference is that the table have the axis transposed so you would just have to paste the tables from HP into a "scratch area" (sheet 3 for ex.) then transpose paste them into the calculation tables. Then take the result and transpose paste it to the "scratch area" and paste it back to HP.
    I have heard that before too. I need to take a look at it again.

Any progress on getting the stuff from the guy on dp.com?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I got permission but its going to take several weeks of steady work to rework it, anyone feel free to go for it, I don't think I'll have the time to do it anytime soon though.

Advanced Tuner
    any update on this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    nope

Tuner in Training
    What The Hell Are We Talking About?

Senior Tuner
    I've been working on the conversion table additions to the original sheet. I'm about half done and hope to finish this weekend.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech
    I've been working on the conversion table additions to the original sheet. I'm about half done and hope to finish this weekend.

Jamie,

If you are willing to share this. I would like to take a look at it. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I would also like a copy if you're willing to share! I'm afraid to go very far with my tuning without adjusting timing. Your work is appreciated!

Senior Tuner
    Well, it seems the timing calculator has been updated since I last looked at it so...

That combined with my busy weekend has delayed me finishing it, but I will soon. It might be this coming weekend since I'll be out of town on business for 10 days and won't have much else to do in my hotel room.

It won't be the most elegant solution to this but it should get the job done. I might even add some pretty colors!
    Jaime