Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50/50 timing calculator?

Sweet!! Take your time. I would really appreciate it....Thanks.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Senior Tuner
    Ok, here it is! This has been an interesting challenge and a learning experience for me. The speadsheet may be a little buggie as I don't really have a good way to check it and frankly, I'm tired of looking at it for now.
    Feel free to let me know about any issues you find and I'll be happy to tweak it for you.

The "blue" colored tables are the HP Tuners tables. Just paste your table values and click on the button below to make the conversion. The resulting table will be right below. Copy the converted table over to the appropriate table on the corresponding calculator sheet. Then, on the "HP Timing Table" tab, select the "Get Timing Table" button of the table you desire. Copy and paste into HP just as you would EFI Live.

The functionality of the timing calculator is unchanged. This sheet only adds the conversion functionality.

There is a known issue with the LMM Fuel Rail Pressure worksheet; it seems the EFI Live table uses a different axis value scaling than the HP Tuners tables. If someone can try and verify this for me that would be very helpful. Maybe Bill can check and shed some light on this.

I plan on adding some further enhancements that will automate a few more of the steps, but the functionality should be good for now. Just click on the link below to access the sheet.

ENJOY!

http://www.charlestonspeed.com/image...onversion3.xls
    Last edited by ElecTech; 08-11-2008 at 06:10 PM.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    that is awsome , all of us hp users really apriciate the hard work you must have out into this , i would have done it along time ago if i had the knoledge and skills thanks again i'll be trying it out in the next couple of days i'll let you kno whow it goes

Tuner
    Its not working for me. Bug issues. Im no excel man for shure.

Senior Tuner
    Yes. The issue is that the Macro is trying to use protected cells to complete its function.

Make sure you save a copy to your computer first. Then,what you'll need to do is select the "Tools" menu, "Protection", and then "Unprotect Sheet" and it should work. You may have to do it for most of the sheets that I added. I'll try to get another version posted this weekend so it won't happen, but for now, this will work.
    Jaime

Tuner
    thanks

Tuner
    Base fuel table is protected. Cant seem to get past the protection applyed to that table. Im running a newer version of excel.

Senior Tuner
    Sorry about that. I forgot to update the link. Click on the link and save a new version to your computer. It should be working now.
    Jaime

Tuner
    working sofar. havent had much driveing time,but have seen an improvement in milage.

Where do you find the base fuel pressure at? I think I know the first table Main Injector PW comes from the table labeled in HP tuners Injector PW.

Senior Tuner
    It's in the "Fuel System" menu.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech
    It's in the "Fuel System" menu.
    Yea I got that but what specific table. There's no table labelled Fuel Base for the LBZ.

Senior Tuner
    It should look something like the attached screen shot.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Did it the other day,but now i cant find the Get Timeing Table Tab. Its ben a long week.

Ah...I'm a dummy...I knew that was there. Looking under Fuel Control and not Fuel Systems. Thanks Elec.

Well, but the new tune in the truck so I'll see how it performs and how the mileage is. The timing table at 20mm and 1200 rpms is a lot lower than I expected it to be. Hopefully, good mpg numbers are coming.

I could get 20.4-20.7 constantly on the old tune. Combined 70% hwy, 30% city.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pretty slick Electech, much better than I ever could've done

Bill@hpt=relative newb when it comes to excel's capabilities
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Why thank you.

As I said before, it was quite a learning experience for me.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech
    There is a known issue with the LMM Fuel Rail Pressure worksheet; it seems the EFI Live table uses a different axis value scaling than the HP Tuners tables. If someone can try and verify this for me that would be very helpful. Maybe Bill can check and shed some light on this.
    Their axes are wrong. Our editor uses the actual values stored in the pcm for the axes. You can see the values by clicking on the underlined axis in our software as well as edit them. Efilive probably has theirs hardcoded meaning if the calibrator changed the axis to something other than the cal was that efilive used it will be wrong.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner

Help

Hi, realize i am dragging up an old thread, but i am trying to use the spreadsheet with no luck. First, i believe calling it a timing calculator would be incorrect. It seems to just come up with injection pulse width and fuel rail pressure tables, there is no correction for injection timing. Now, I can get the injection pulse width table to work fine and it makes sense what it is doing. However, when i use the rail pressure table i end up with numbers all represented as a decimal that does not make sence. Am i doing something wrong? Am i just missing a piece of the puzzle? Could really use some help from someone who has succesfully used this table. Thanks