Thread: Tune to go OL below certain MAP

Tune to go OL below certain MAP

I want to go into open loop below 45kpa, but is this possible? I found that you can go in an out of OL dependant on ECT, and of course going into PE. But i want to go into open loop around and below cruising MAP, this way I can run leaner under no load (effectivey lean cruise mode)
    I've enable DFCO, but want something to run from my open loop table without going open loop totally.
    2000 Red TA WS6 M6 in England, UK
    Patriot Stg.II Heads & 226/226-112 0.585/0.585 Cam. Corsa Cat back, F.A.S.T LSX Intake / F.A.S.T Fuel rails, Dynatech LT's/Y, Wisper Lid, ported MAF, 52lb/hr. 160 stat. !AIR, !EGR. Walbro 255, SPEC Stage II.
    HPTuners 1BAR SD Tune. Wide Band AFR.
    389RWHP/380RWTQ ([477HP/460TQ]Flywheel) Dyno Dynamics

Photos at:- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/ca...00trans-am.asp

A MAP to enable won't work to enable Open Loop.

You have to use the PE Enrichment table along with the PE TPS% table to achieve open loop at idle.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Wow, that was a fast reply.

Oh well, I was hoping it was there I just wasn't seeing it. I'm happy to run close loop during idle. My idle MAP is around 48kpa.So was goiong to enable OL below 45kpa is poss.

I guess there isn't a way to run the aussie OS on the US PCM's?
    Patriot Stg.II Heads & 226/226-112 0.585/0.585 Cam. Corsa Cat back, F.A.S.T LSX Intake / F.A.S.T Fuel rails, Dynatech LT's/Y, Wisper Lid, ported MAF, 52lb/hr. 160 stat. !AIR, !EGR. Walbro 255, SPEC Stage II.

Tuner
    One alternative I have used, is to run OL in all engine temps up to the steady cruise engine temp. Im my case (tahoe 5,3) i cruise at 89/90 C, when I increase speed or towing my caravan, the engine temp goes to 91/92.
    I therefore set the CL enable temp to 91 C.
    This will also enable CL at idle (91+ C), if you set your E-fans activation temp acordingly.

In OL at 90 C I cruise lean 15,8:1. and adding 3-5 deg advance with AFR correction.

//

Nice idea, I'll have a look at my logs to see if the temperature changes from round town to motorway driving. It mainly sits at 176F/ 80C, I havn't noticed it change from that once warm, apart from going to 184F 84.4C when doing 140mph+. So that solution may not work for me, but I'll certainly look into it.

I may just end up running OL all the time, but wanted it to have a safety net in case I get a fuel blockage or something or blocked air filter, at least fuel trims can compensate is something goes wrong then i can still get home. Perhaps I worry too much, i mean how often do things go wrong anyway. Now I've said that something will happen.

Senior Tuner
    PE mode is your only throttle-based entry to open loop.
    But if you can take a non-RPM-aware fuel map maybe
    you set PE table to 1.000 and true up the EQ vs ECT vs
    MAP to give you the fueling you want at WOT. Then PE
    "opens the door" but you are open loop fueled based on
    MAP (because PE is set leaner so ignored).