Thread: Another flow rate vs. kPa table thread

Another flow rate vs. kPa table thread

Quote Originally Posted by EC Tune
    If you have the Mototrons (says Mototron on the side near the Siemens P/N) IFR should be 70# across the board.
    If change it to 70, since I am changing an across the board setting for an across the board setting (From 64 to 70), can I change the whole VE table by the same amount, at least just to get it out of the driveway?
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD
    Stock LM7, LTs, TBSS intake manifold

Yeah I think that's reasonable.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Maybe typing this will help my brain see it: My PCM presently thinks that my injectors squirt at 64 lb/hr, so at number x on the VE table, the computer says "squirt for one second" (1 sec because my tune is so bad). So if I change the IFR to 70, and don't change the VE table, then at #x, the computer will think "injectors much bigger now, must squirt less to meet VE table". Therefore, I have to increase (?) the VE table to keep everything the same? Nope, typing it didn't make me absolutely sure, so I went ahead and posted.
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD

If your IFR is wrong, and you tuned the VE that way then the VE is wrong too. The IFR is simply there to describe the injector characteristics. The VE is there to describe the engine airflow characteristics.

If you change a part on the engine (other than the injectors ) the VE/Spark etc need to be adjusted. If you simply change injectors on a tuned engine then you *should* only have to adjust the injector calibration to describe the injector characteristics.

If you've changed both then you have to file to fit, paint to match.

I was just trying to expand on your reply from yesterday. I wouldn't expect it to be a good tune, I just want to be able to drive it and log, and was trying to figure out what to do. Thanks.
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD

No prob. I would get the injector stuff corrected on a warmed up engine that way it goes into closed loop faster. Once that's done you can work on the cold side. (Close counts when it's cold. )