Thread: Remote Start

Tuner in Training

Remote Start

Hi Bill after l flashed a 2007 Duramax the remote sarter won't work

Try flashing it back to stock.

If that doesn't work, you may have to pull the remote starter fuse to reset the module.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    So sftar l flash him back to stock do l pull the fuse when l flash with the tune
    Last edited by maxchevy; 02-09-2008 at 12:06 PM.

flash it back to stock and try the remote start, if it still doesn't work that will tell you its not the tune causing the issue.

Then, you can try pulling the remote start fuse to reset that module.. or check the owners manual to see what it says and how to reset the module.

Tuner in Training
    Hi not only is the remote start not working but niether is keyless entry after the tune was flashed into the truck. l flashed back to stock. going back to the dealer to have them check it out as its a brand new truck and the procedure in the owners manual would not work to reset. So the issue is why did the tune disable the keyless entry and the remote start moduals. I woud hate to flash the truck with the tune and have the same issue.
    Martin
    Last edited by maxchevy; 02-09-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Keith is there any kind of a fix to prevent this from happing again?

Did you use the same file you read from the vehicle as your base to modify and flash back in the vehicke?

If you flashed it back to stock, then its not the actual tune that caused the problem, but the process of the flash.

The BCM probably didn't like the process and decided to throw a fit. This is the first I've heard of such a case. It sounds though like the key fobs need to be relearned though.

Tuner in Training
    Yes l used the stock file when l reflashed him. I also think the the BCM didn't like the process. Is there a way to prevent this from haspping in the future?
    Martin

Tuner in Training
    Maybe take the BCM off of the bus (unplug it) before doing a write? Maybe the remotes just need a resynch like the older 'vettes (hold lock and unlock 'till the horn beeps) afterwards?

Tuner in Training
    Kieth why would l unplug the BCM when l am not comunicating with the BCM?

Tuner in Training
    The HP Tuner file diabled the remote start and keyless entry on the 07 Duramax to the point where a GM Tech couldn't even get it operational. The Dealership had to send to GM Tech Centre to get everything operational thank goodness they did not look to see if the truck had been flashed then reflashed back to stock before it went in. So at this point l am very wary of trying to flash the HP tune back into the truck any sugestions?

If you put the stock file back in and the remote start still didn't work, then its not the actual file that disabled the remote start but the flashing process.

I believe the BCM controls those two functions and it likely doesn't like the reflash process. Its my guess the same issue would exist if the dealer tried to reflash with a tech-2 as well.

There must be a way to relearn the key fobs to the BCM after a reflash to fix the problem, as thats probably what the "tech center" did.

Tuner in Training
    Yes l agree Kieth that is what the Tech Centre did. There is a relearn button in the truck and that would not work. Is there anyone with info on the key fob relearn to the BCM procedure if the button in the truck does not work?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Did you use the same file you read from the vehicle as your base to modify and flash back in the vehicke?

If you flashed it back to stock, then its not the actual tune that caused the problem, but the process of the flash.

The BCM probably didn't like the process and decided to throw a fit. This is the first I've heard of such a case. It sounds though like the key fobs need to be relearned though.
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue with a 2010 Tahoe. I'll try the fuse pull and see if that works. Would relinking the VATS be useful as well?

Tuner in Training
    I had a similar issue on a 07 sierra, but the tune lost the battery save (where it cuts power after 10 mins if you leave a dome light on) and also the option where it will not lock the doors if you leave the key in the ignition. Did 10 min battery pull, but did not reset it. Have not had the opportunity to flash back to stock yet... that's my last hope...

Tuner in Training
    Pull your Passenger door module fuse and/or remote control door lock receiver fuse if your RKE fob isn't working and wait 2 min and reinstall, sometimes they lock up during programming - happens even with a GM MDI sometimes when Im doing Service programming.

Tuner in Training

Key fob not working

Quote Originally Posted by maxchevy View Post
    hi bill after l flashed a 2007 duramax the remote sarter won't work
    so i had the same issue on my 14 jeep wrangler. I disconnected the battery for a bit and reconnected. Issue gone. May work for you may not, but worth a try.