Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: case relearn 05 ls2??

Tuner in Training

case relearn 05 ls2??

how do i do the case relearn on a 05 ls2 using mvpi pro???
    please help!!!!!!
    493 RWHP 439RWTQ
    LPE Heads 11.5:1, Comp Cam 238/242 600/610 114, Port matched F.A.S.T. Intake, ASP Underdrive, Callaway Honker, LG Long Tube , GHL Exhaust
    Nitto555RII tires MSI Rollbar, Simpson 6pt harnesses, Callaway short throw, Hardwired bulletcam system/cannon zr300

Click here to see exhaust video

Tuner in Training
    when the car is off it says my tps is at 27 percent so the case relearn is not ready?
    493 RWHP 439RWTQ
    LPE Heads 11.5:1, Comp Cam 238/242 600/610 114, Port matched F.A.S.T. Intake, ASP Underdrive, Callaway Honker, LG Long Tube , GHL Exhaust
    Nitto555RII tires MSI Rollbar, Simpson 6pt harnesses, Callaway short throw, Hardwired bulletcam system/cannon zr300

case learn needs to be done while the car is running.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    yes with the car on in neutral and all accesoriess off tps too high?
    493 RWHP 439RWTQ

Tuner in Training
    any ideas keith? last night messing with it i could get it to 20% at idle but it is still saying that is too high?
    493 RWHP 439RWTQ

I have to get back to you on that one...
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    Did someone adjust the "Bump stop" on your throttle body? If so, close it back up. Lesson I learned two days ago with the same problem!!

It's the way the LS2 ETC reports the TPS ... on both my GTO and the TBSS, they are at around 18% at idle (since they use the actual throttle to do idle air control instead of a separate IAC).

I want to do a CASE on both spare PCMs that I have for both vehicles (keep them as stock tunes), but I haven't been able to do a CASE on either because HPT reports "TPS too high".

Anyway to bypass this "safety" check? BTW, I think the LS2s have a slightly different CASE command as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kenmosher
    It's the way the LS2 ETC reports the TPS ... on both my GTO and the TBSS, they are at around 18% at idle (since they use the actual throttle to do idle air control instead of a separate IAC).

I want to do a CASE on both spare PCMs that I have for both vehicles (keep them as stock tunes), but I haven't been able to do a CASE on either because HPT reports "TPS too high".

Anyway to bypass this "safety" check? BTW, I think the LS2s have a slightly different CASE command as well?
    Hi Ken,

Appears no one has got an answer. I just made a similar post and then found this thread. I have the same issue. TPS might drop to 19 which is not low enough to do the learn.

So for now I am out of luck with the case relearn and hptuners.

Rich

Couple things have to happen for CASE learn to even be necessary:

PCM was replaced
    PCM was reflashed in its entirety.
    And:
    DTC P1336 (LS1/LS6) is set.
    DTC P0315 (LS2/LS7) is set.

Parking brake must be set for CASE learn to start as well.
    Always Support Our Troops!

What about the TPS issue?

Keep getting TPS too high?

Haven't tried the parking brake because I still have the TPS issue.

Rich

Tuner in Training
    same problem here, any solution guys?

Potential Tuner
    *Bumping*

Is this still an issue? Does the CASE relearn work on these types of vehicles with the current version?

Tuner
    i dont have a LS series engine I have a ECOTEC LSJ and I too am having a probvlem with HP tuners sayint that the TPS sensor is too high. any way to cure this issue?
    Got GEN II-IV LSx or GEN V LTx parts to sell? Post em completely free on LSx LTx buy/sell/trade Facebook group. Invite your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169854669867850/

DO YOU OWN A FORD, DODGE OR GM ALLOYTECH VEHICLE AND GET A MESSAGE SAYING "VALIDATE CHECKSUM FAILED. YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO SAVE OR FLASH THIS FILE." IF SO FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...lash-this-file

Tuner in Training
    I'd like to know as well - same problem with the TPS on my 2006 GTO.

I need to relearn the sensor because it may be causing my P0300 code.
    2006 GTO, M6, APS TT

No, P0300 is a (EDIT...) Misfire
    For some reason I mentally associate P0300 with knock sensors... Brain fart!
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 01-31-2008 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Brain fart

Doug,

P0300 is a misfire code, not a knock sensor code. As for doing a CASE learn, I've never had to do one, even after replacing a PCM, crank or cam sensor.
    Even though the GM manual says to perform the CKP system variation learn procedure after replacing the cam or crank sensor, replacing the engine, crankshaft or harmonic balancer.

Doug, what is your opinion on this?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    The crank position sensor can cause a P0300 code to fire (confirmed on several GTO's and mentioned in the service manaul). Since I've replaced the plugs, plug wires, tested coils, and swapped injectors - I'm running out of options..

I know a Tech2 can reset the crank sensor, but I was hoping to do it with HPtuners.
    2006 GTO, M6, APS TT

Tuner in Training
    Is there a way to change the case learn to look at ECT% instead of TPS%? The TPS on these drive by wire cars will give 16 to 20 at idle and 88 at WOT.
    2006 GTO, M6, APS TT

Russ, thanks for catching my brain fart! LOL

The only time you truly need to do the Crank Relearn is if you get a code for it, genearally after replacing the PCM with a brand new one. Otherwise it's most likely a real misfire or crank sensor issue.

BTW: You'll know if you HAVE to do a Crank Relearn because it sets the Crank Relearn DTC every time you key on or start the engine.

Currently the Tech2 is the only way to do a crank relearn on an LS2 or later series.