Thread: Northstar to manual

Potential Tuner

Northstar to manual

Hey everyone, I just joined. I got directed here with my question from CarForums. I'm trying to put a T56 manual behind an L37 Northstar V8, and I've hit a snag. I've got my all the hardware figured out(except for a clutch...yet), and I need help with the software. All factory Northstars were connected to automatics, so I need to figure some way in the PCM to make it all work. Can anyone help me? I should say that I have no experience messing around with computers, but I know somebody who could help me if I took him the details. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by SinUnNombre
    Hey everyone, I just joined. I got directed here with my question from CarForums. I'm trying to put a T56 manual behind an L37 Northstar V8, and I've hit a snag. I've got my all the hardware figured out(except for a clutch...yet), and I need help with the software. All factory Northstars were connected to automatics, so I need to figure some way in the PCM to make it all work. Can anyone help me? I should say that I have no experience messing around with computers, but I know somebody who could help me if I took him the details. Thanks in advance.

Jon
    I can help you out.

Advanced Tuner
    One of the HPTuners gurus may be able to strip out the "TCM" part of your tune or zero it out or something to that effect.