Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05 c6 e40....best map sensor for 2.5 sd

Advanced Tuner
    Well HPT asks you what to enter for 5volts..so what would I put in that window?
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

For the DPE sensor, use:

Linear = 244.68
    Offset = 10.21

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    For the DPE sensor, use:

Linear = 244.68
    Offset = 10.21
    Wouldn't the offset be dependant on location? My stock MAP reads 103KPA with the key on car off..so my offset is set at 8 and this one reads the same 103kpa..
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Offset is what the sensor theoretically puts out at 0V. Linear is how much pressure per 5V the sensor records.

Making it read a normal number with the key off doesn't mean your calibration numbers will make it read correctly in vacuum or boost.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an old thread... but its stickied in the FAQ so I'm posting here.

I think maybe some things have changed since this was originally written and Im having trouble figuring out what is current / applicable to me.

I have a '10 Corvette LS3 / E38 PCM and want to upgrade the MAP sensor to a 2 or 3 bar. Im adding boost but will only be seeing 7-9 PSI for now, so I thought I'd go 2 bar MAP over a 3 bar for better resolution. Also, there is a "2 bar OS" upgrade for me in HP Tuners (3.6.26) but not a 3 bar or 2.5 bar..... and I'm new enough to HP Tuners to not be certain I can just scale that 2 bar OS out to a 3 bar MAP? Can I get away with a 3 bar ZR1 MAP sensor (part number 12592525) if I accept i will lose some resolution due to the larger scale of the 3 bar? I'm not finding a part number for a 2 bar, only a 2.5 DPE so figured maybe I should just go with the ZR1 MAP sensor due to $ differences.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by UTGS; 07-31-2017 at 08:04 PM.

You should have like 2 different options here.

1. You can stay with the standard OS and just extend the Factory VVE table to support the 3 BAR MAP sensor. The VVE editor is under the EDIT tab, click the axis on the side and it will ask you what you to wish to change the table too. You then can select to extend the table to 310kpa. Once done, the table will have to be "built". It's fairly simple to just extend the table and create a nice upward slope in the table all the way to 3 bar for a starting point.

2. You could upgrade to the 2 BAR OS. Which will now remove the VVE editor and supply you with 3 new VE tables that are completely blank under the airflow tab. You would then have to create those VE tables from scratch using the data from your old VVE. The axis are different once the new VE tables come up and using something like excel can make it easy to input the data back into the table. All 3 VE tables need to match, so apply the data to the VE's and each time you make corrections to the VE make them all the same. The only thing about the 2 BAR OS though, is that it can only go to 2.5 BAR when you adjust the numbers out. Going past 2.5 bar is still okay but because the table ended you'd need to make sure it's going to be safe beyond that mark.

You can run a 3 bar MAP on a 2 bar OS or the standard OS no problem, just the linear and offset settings need to be correct for the sensor you are running.

The 2 bar OS does give you extra things to play with, like adjustable fan settings and a boost enrichment table for PE. Someone can add their 2 cents if I missed something or got something wrong.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 07-31-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    just use zr1 map remote mounted the hole in manifold is correct size for a 1/4 npt tap no drill needed just run it in and get a barb fitting easy enough local dealer will have the pigtail and map sensor 66.00 for both wiring is lil different just get a diagram for both

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Passtime View Post
    just use zr1 map remote mounted the whole in manifold is correct size for a 1/4 npt tap no drill needed just run it in and get a barb fitting easy enough local dealer will have the pigtail and map sensor 66.00 for both wiring is lil different just get a diagram for both

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

1. You can stay with the standard OS and just extend the Factory VVE table to support the 3 BAR MAP sensor. The VVE editor is under the EDIT tab, click the axis on the side and it will ask you what you to wish to change the table too. You then can select to extend the table to 310kpa. Once done, the table will have to be "built". It's fairly simple to just extend the table and create a nice upward slope in the table all the way to 3 bar for a starting point.

2. You could upgrade to the 2 BAR OS. Which will now remove the VVE editor and supply you with 3 new VE tables that are completely blank under the airflow tab. You would then have to create those VE tables from scratch using the data from your old VVE. The axis are different once the new VE tables come up and using something like excel can make it easy to input the data back into the table. All 3 VE tables need to match, so apply the data to the VE's and each time you make corrections to the VE make them all the same. The only thing about the 2 BAR OS though, is that it can only go to 2.5 BAR when you adjust the numbers out. Going past 2.5 bar is still okay but because the table ended you'd need to make sure it's going to be safe beyond that mark.

You can run a 3 bar MAP on a 2 bar OS or the standard OS no problem, just the linear and offset settings need to be correct for the sensor you are running.

The 2 bar OS does give you extra things to play with, like adjustable fan settings and a boost enrichment table for PE. Someone can add their 2 cents if I missed something or got something wrong.
    OK this is making a lot more sense, thank you. I was reading I needed to upgrade the OS but also reading I could just change the 2 values to support the new sensor. I think I'll go that route (no OS upgrade), the VVE editor looks fine. (I'm used to straight up VE tables but I can get used to this new method).

Quote Originally Posted by Passtime View Post
    just use zr1 map remote mounted the hole in manifold is correct size for a 1/4 npt tap no drill needed just run it in and get a barb fitting easy enough local dealer will have the pigtail and map sensor 66.00 for both wiring is lil different just get a diagram for both
    I thought I read that the LS9/ZR1 MAP sensor is a direct plug and play drop in (aside from the tune change) for the Corvette LS3, is that not the case?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Option 1 does not seem to be working for me. Also you can only scale the map to 256 kpa which wont get you to 3 bar. Maybe I missed something. I have the MPVI2 Pro and setting up a twin turbo set up for a 2005 C6. The edit axis is not able to be selected.

Why would some one not want to use option 2 with a 3 bar map and scale it that way?

Thank you

2005 C6 has an E40 ECM, which doesn't use VVE and the MAP Linear limit of 256 means you can't just plug in numbers for a "3bar" sensor. That question upthread about the 2010 E38 really didn't belong in this E40-specific topic at all, just further confuses things.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone know if you can scale a 3 bar map sensor in the 2bar OS?

If you're talking about the E40, you cannot use a sensor that calls for Linear of more than the hard limit of 256kpa. Sensor also must have a positive Offset. No workarounds to get past those two limitations on the E40.

I like the EFI sorce 3 bar map.
    https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/ls...ar-map-sensor/
    It is a direct replacement for the 1 bar in my truck.

That's great, but how do you input the required Linear=305 into a box that only accepts a max of 256?

Potential Tuner
    i need some help . i have a gen4 e38 ecm 4.8 i put a remote mount turbo on and i have been trying to get the tune right ever since and it still is not right i have got close a cupula time but then make a change and its gone or my laptop crashed i have been at this for 8 months now and have not made much progress a am a novias to say the least any help would be greatly apr hear is what i got
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jmfa View Post
    i need some help . i have a gen4 e38 ecm 4.8 i put a remote mount turbo on and i have been trying to get the tune right ever since and it still is not right i have got close a cupula time but then make a change and its gone or my laptop crashed i have been at this for 8 months now and have not made much progress a am a novias to say the least any help would be greatly apr hear is what i got
    That's an interesting tune for sure. I've never seen one done quite like yours. It's OL/MAF, which is ok...but I would have utilized the PE mode...and probably just do an SD tune. If you're going to run it like it is, I'd recommend making the entire PE table at least 1.0.
    Hopefully you aren't running much boost yet. It still has stock 38 lb/hr injectors in it, along with a stock MAP sensor.
    I would install a two bar MAP, and at least put a 50 lb/hr injector in it.
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 06-19-2021 at 04:27 PM.