Thread: no knock?

no knock?

just recently put new engine combo in and made a few data logs lastnight short stuff but able to get data and heres my question. my logs where showing no knock thru the runs but appears and i can hear what i think is knock in upper 1st and thru 2nd up higher rpm.. if u at 3000rpm in 3rd and puch it there is no sound at all...seems no knock, could i be hearing something esle maybe? this tune has some of the knock stuff desensitised a little from when it just had a cam should i got back to stock stuff or was there a certain way they where to go back in i need to ask my engine builder about? just curious seem the timing is low and should not be hearing anything with 93 octane, but it is 10.81 or so. thanks

Are you hearing knock right about 5040 RPM? And does your car have ETC? If not, are you peddaling the throttle because of wheelspin?
    2000 GMC 2500 2-bar SD
    Stock LM7, LTs, TBSS intake manifold

Your scan log clearly shows knock retard from 5000 rpm & up. Try using one heat range colder than stock spark plugs.

Did you ever get your wideband to read correctly?

Russ Kemp

yes, and im running tr6 plugs cold enuff i thought? wheelspin yes but in second none. no traction(etc) have 9in in it. and why does it show 1.5-2 degree of kr in chart display and main display only 1 degree knock?
    Last edited by van383; 02-10-2008 at 08:43 PM.

im on dr as well.

thanks for new file...also should i be shoting for a fater a/f ratio than 13.0? are the tr6 cold enuff ya think? at 21-22 timing that should not knock i would have thought, but maybe it want more fuel than 13.0 ratio?? any ideas or close combo like mine where they at i dont want to burn it up!!! thanks