Thread: OLFA table

OLFA table

Hey to all...

I have been trying to get my idle better, its not bad in CL but some surging and hunting, I have found the thread about running OL for your idle and I like that idea of a hybrid tune, and I think it could be more stable for your idle.

Question is, if you put your engine in OL for idle, I believe it will run off the OLFA table and I question the OLFA table in the area of idle such as my engine idles around 775 rpm and 46-48 kpa and at 212*-230* in the stock OLFA it is set to deliver like 15.45 afr, now mabee this wont hurt the engine but it seems lean for idle.

In the stock Z06 (i believe a 2001) LS6 which has different heads and cam and I dont know about CR, but I believe is about the same engine, and at the same 46-48 kpa, rpm and temp it has a command of 14.1 - 14.7 afr, and the only differences between the two tables are around idle and one other place....because of my cam, could I use the Z06 table and be safer for OL idle?

And BTW the Z06 spark table and some others look like they has more intelligence behind them than my 2002 LS1 table...just my observation,... And I always reserve the right to be wrong.
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

running lean at idle with a cam, will not hurt. if you have a wideband, and a cam with overlap, you will actually need to be lean just to run stoich. i run mine at about 15.3 at idle, because anything less then that just dumps raw fuel. you can see it coming out the pipes. i am also going to be working on a hybrid/open closed loop, id love to just get rid of closed loop all together.

And whats up with the area of the table at idle and 86* it commands 13.72, the at 104* and 122* it commands 12.87, then back up to 13.72 at 140*....does this make sence to anyone, seems to me it should get leaner as the engine warms up
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Above 150 in open loop I leave it at factory stock in most applications.
    BTW: Too much idle spark can cause sags/hunting as you have now minimized the airflow at idle.
    Always Support Our Troops!

BTW: Too much idle spark can cause sags/hunting as you have now minimized the airflow at idle.[/QUOTE]

Please explain, and how do you find what idle spark your setup wants

Senior Tuner
    you use live spark controls while monitoring IAC and MAP and just 'by ear/by nose'