Thread: 2.8 Ohms Low Impedance inj tuning

Advanced Tuner

2.8 Ohms Low Impedance inj tuning

i just ordered some 83 lbs 2.8 Ohms Low Impedance inj. a couple of ?'s does anyone have a IFR table for these, and what exactly do i need to do to make these work being that they are low IMP.

You need a "low impedance driver box".
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    and then what, other than the IFR table, do i need to change?

Advanced Tuner
    here is what i posted on another thread.

ok i am going from some simiens 60'g HIGH impedance to some simiens 83 low impedance injectors. Now the Injector manufacture said if i am not going to change them in and out i could get away with just putting in a resistor in line with the power wire on each injector. He says they do it all the time. This way i dont have to use the piggy back box, and would be easier to install. Well i have done most everything with a car but i have never ran across this so my question is, has anyone heard of this, and which wire is the right one to tie into on each injector, and what size resistor would i put inline with the 2.5 ohm injector?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly9r68
    here is what i posted on another thread.

ok i am going from some simiens 60'g HIGH impedance to some simiens 83 low impedance injectors. Now the Injector manufacture said if i am not going to change them in and out i could get away with just putting in a resistor in line with the power wire on each injector. He says they do it all the time. This way i dont have to use the piggy back box, and would be easier to install. Well i have done most everything with a car but i have never ran across this so my question is, has anyone heard of this, and which wire is the right one to tie into on each injector, and what size resistor would i put inline with the 2.5 ohm injector?
    You want to install the resistor on the 12v power line to the injector. The best way to do it (IMO) is to pick one or two of them out of one of the many imports that came with OEM injector resistors, since they are potted and have a nice, big heat sink. Don't recall the exact resistance.

Toyota Supra Turbo comes immediately to mind as having OEM resistor pack, since that is what I am most familiar with but, I beleive a variety of Mitsubishis and Hondas also have them.

You will be able to control the injectors more precisely with a driver box instead of the resistor. In my experience, up to 1000cc injectors can be idled adequately with the resistor box though (different ecu and smaller engine). You may want to boost reference your fuel pressure if you aren't already to help minimize issues with flow at idle speed.

I would get the driver box. Low Z injectors need a Peak-and-hold type driver to work correctly. That means they need more current and putting a resistor in line with a low Z injector is asking for high RPM issues at a minimum.

PM/Email NickyBoy as he has the driver box on his car (1005 RWHP too!)
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    i just got off the phone with the injector company and he keeps telling me that a resistor is the SAME as the driver box and will work the exact same..

thoughts???

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly9r68
    i just got off the phone with the injector company and he keeps telling me that a resistor is the SAME as the driver box and will work the exact same..

thoughts???
    No, he either doesn't know or is lying. They are different.

I have tuned an AEM Versafueler with 83's and it worked very well. I hear Racetronics has a plug and play harness that works with the AEM unit to keep you from having to get into any injector wiring to use it. For idle, some things to get started include min & default pulses in the .600 range and short pulse adder in the -0.560s ...
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

...just saw you post in your other thread. You need to make up your own IFR table based on your fuel setup. Use one of the many sheets floating around like EC_Tune's injector spreadsheet and calc based on your fuel pressure. I gave you the rest of what you need to get started in the other post.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com