Thread: timing table

Tuner in Training

timing table

how do i know what part of the timing table im at? currently ive read my cylinder airmass in between .92-1.08. does that mean that my car will be fluctuating inbetween that area of my timing table?

are you reviewing your histograms in the scanner?
    Histogram #1 (by default) shows you your timing, laid out in a grid formatted just like the tune, airmass vs. rpm.
    my_bd 2004 Saturn Ion Redline - 2.0L Supercharged LSJ (P12) 13.1 @ 110

Tuner in Training
    i know that much my bd, i was wondering wut part of the timing table it was looking at.

hmmmmm.....not sure what you are asking for...are you looking for more resolution?

the histogram grid is built live while you are driving and scanning, current cell is always highlighted in bright yellow while the scan progresses so you can always see exactly which airmass cell vs rpm point it is at.
    later on you can reload your log, and replay the log, step through the log etc slowly.
    plus, if you have both the chart display and histogram open at the same time you can move the pointer anywhere in the chart and see the active cell highlighted in the histo.
    i.e.
    Last edited by my_bd; 02-12-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    lol i know, thnx 4 trying. i gotta reword this.....

how do i know where im at in the timing table? via the cylinder air mass chart in the histy right? since im fluctuating between .88-1.20, then i only referance inbetween those figures on the timing table?

yep cyl air mass and rpm,
    either from the pid list or the chart or from the histogram.

the big diff with the histogram is that it can give you the overall 'average' value for the duration of the scan.
    Last edited by my_bd; 02-12-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by my_bd
    yep cyl air mass and rpm,
    either from the pid list or the chart or from the histogram.

the big diff with the histogram is that it can give you the overall 'average' value for the duration of the scan.
    thanks dude!

Senior Tuner
    nice log ya posted there bd

3 chars wtf