Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Chevy HHR SS File - Not Supported

Tuner
    Was a security issue. Locked door with remote, unlocked door with remote, turned key on and light went away.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    It's ok Eric, it's still going to be slower than my truck :P

Don't you still have to put the engine in Jake?

There is a procedure to relearn VATS, that might clear it. A person I sold a reflashed ECU to had to go through a 30 minute relearn without HPT to clear it. Sadly i don't remember the steps though.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    The HHR files in question have been supported since September of 2008.

Hi Bill.. I'm Lisa, Fiance to Eric ('08 HHR SS) this is what I can tell you. I know that we have the GM upgrade and the Hp Tuner prog on the car and it's been consistently throwing the code of P0236, and I have been able to clear the code. Just getting a little frustrating that the PCM on the HHR SS is not allowing for the Hp Tune to completely stick. There's something that the GM prog is blocking, for the lack of a better term, or the HP Tune is just not able to run with or over-ride. Feels like the car is being denied breathability...

Question... would you happen to know if there's a GM PCM from a larger 08 that would work on the HHR SS, like the Malibu SS?

Tuner in Training

Fuel issuses

I'm still having fuel issues and I keep popping the over boost code, What options do we have to get more parameters opened to alleviate these issues. I'm planning on going with a bigger turbo so I need more tuning capabilities.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried changing the overboost as backyardturbo suggested doing with the LNF tuning guide? I haven't had issues with the overboost code and I'm seeing 20psi anytime I go wot.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Tuner
    20psi is not overboost, holding 22.5psi for over 3 seconds is what shuts out boost, like with the pill.

I also haven't had an over boost issue either with it disabled

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    you won't have an overboost issue most of them time unless your running the pill in my experience

I had been getting it before i got the disable feature and before the tune

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    if you got overboost codes before the tune, sounds like something wasn't righht from the start.

let me correct myself i was getting them before the new beta

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Tuner in Training
    I'm staying right @ 26PSI now. I got Secret Services to rewire the Tmap sensors, took the OEM butt splices out and soldered them directly and now I got 28PSI and settles out at 26PSI........I sure wish that HP Tuners would help out with fueling issues.................Jake bring it I'll run you I ain't skeered, yeah you got a bigger engine and it's a truck big deal....

Tuner in Training
    Ok Bill I still need Fueling to be unlocked. Whats te latest on the file for this vehicle? I'd like to be able t get more for this vehicle. I have another tubular intake and Turbo for it, but don't want to install it until i got The Fueling issue fixed.....

Quote Originally Posted by gcsd3742 View Post
    I'm staying right @ 26PSI now. I got Secret Services to rewire the Tmap sensors, took the OEM butt splices out and soldered them directly and now I got 28PSI and settles out at 26PSI........I sure wish that HP Tuners would help out with fueling issues.................Jake bring it I'll run you I ain't skeered, yeah you got a bigger engine and it's a truck big deal....
    lets go!

Ok Bill I still need Fueling to be unlocked. Whats te latest on the file for this vehicle? I'd like to be able t get more for this vehicle. I have another tubular intake and Turbo for it, but don't want to install it until i got The Fueling issue fixed.....
    unfortunately it's probably low on their list right now with all the newer platforms to be supported :/
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    lets go!

unfortunately it's probably low on their list right now with all the newer platforms to be supported :/
    JAKE FYI I not only have the HPTUNERS software I'm running dual tune and have a few other toys under the hood, No crying if you get beat by a 4 banger ok? It will be fair we can line them up at the line HRP and see what happens.... Run what you brung

JAKE FYI I not only have the HPTUNERS software I'm running dual tune and have a few other toys under the hood, No crying if you get beat by a 4 banger ok? It will be fair we can line them up at the line HRP and see what happens.... Run what you brung
    lol alright sounds good
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Tuner in Training
    So any new releases or updates to this thread?

Advanced Tuner
    So any new releases or updates to this thread?
    The hhr ss has been supported for a long time, email support for a recent beta.

Tuner in Training
    So have we gotten any more parameters unlocked? Need more fuel