Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will HPT work with Ubuntu?

Tuner in Training FunkyStickman's Avatar
    So far, the only way I've been able to get the MVPI to work is to run HPT in a virtual machine window... I can get the software to install in Linux, but it breaks the USB support. The VM software supports USB, the Windows emulator doesn't without a patch. I've got the source, and the patch... going to work on it this week.

If it's possible to make it work, I will figure it out.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah, I only bought it for the price and it'll be for my kids to toy with for internet & such since I recently gave away their home pc since it took up an ungodly amount of room(old style 17in monitor, etc.) and with the new little one in the house had to make compromises

It won't be a heartbreaker if it doesn't work, just figured it would be nice if it was something semi simple that I could make a demo for
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Any updates guys??? The mini computers and the netbooks are really inexpensive and the size is perfect for lugging around into the vehicles.

I am looking at the Dell Mini with the 1.6G Atom processor and XP. Any info would be very helpful.
    Last edited by krambo; 05-29-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    2003 silverado SS, 11.72 @ 114.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If it has XP you should be fine.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. After further searching with different keywords, I found this thread ...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=netbook

I think I will try out the Dell Mini10. Thanks again for the reply.
    2003 silverado SS, 11.72 @ 114.

Tuner in Training FunkyStickman's Avatar
    Sadly, here it is a few years later, and I never could get it to work. Of course, I haven't tried recently, either.

But, I haven't been able to use HPT because I don't have a WIndows laptop anymore, so I guess it's time to dust it off and see if I can get it working again.

Tuner in Training
    (almost 7 years later, I know, but as far as I know this still hasn't been solved)

Hey did anyone happen to get this working yet? I'm thinking of trying this with my MPVI2. If I can get this working I'd be really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by FastCar View Post
    (almost 7 years later, I know, but as far as I know this still hasn't been solved)

Hey did anyone happen to get this working yet? I'm thinking of trying this with my MPVI2. If I can get this working I'd be really happy.
    I ran HPT, EFILive, and TunerproRT (even burning chips via USB) with Fedora and VMWare for quite sometime. Once windows 10 came out they had eliminated a lot of my gripes with it, so I'm back to that on my laptop.

VMware should work the same with any distro so I don't see why you'd have any problems with it.
    2012 Panamera Turbo
    2010 Cayenne GTS
    1991 Suburban 2500 - 565EFI, 6L90, NP205, 4 link/coilovers on 37s.