Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning.... for e16a

Potential Tuner

Tuning.... for e16a

Okay I have a question, If i could get a list for 2.2 cobalts that would prepay for you to development of the software, then when its done you send us all the software... We have a list of 70-80 people on one site that want you to tune as, i dont know how much on others, We know it will not take 3 months to crack this pcm as clearimage did it in 3-5 days. We just want a tuning software, not a flash(we want custom tuning) What needs to be done to make this happen, that is all we want to know... Please give a straight forward answer, and not its in the works or in a few months, because we have gotten that for 2 years. If you will do it, give a yes but we need ___ people to prepay or a no, its not going to happen.

thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't believe clearimage is the one who cracked the pcm are they? I thought it was vince who's doing the work? And its only the 07+ with the E37 correct?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    he has the tables of the e16a in the works, from what i have heard, he will the beta testing it on a 2.2 this week... he also is doing the 07 e37 too and yes vince is doing the work, but it will be ordered through clearimage. so back to the question what will it take for you guys to do the e16a. but again yes the e16a is in the works, but we all want a tuning software, not a flash.... PLEASE help we need it. What will it take to be done? Answer that one question please

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Tuning software is a bit more complex & harder to upkeep than offering mail order tuning of a dozen or two tables and a code reader.

Tuner
    Last edited by bc3tech; 02-20-2008 at 04:31 PM.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Potential Tuner
    all i want to know is if you guys will get to this pcm in the next year, or do i just need to forget it and not customize my car...
    Last edited by lightinbalt; 02-20-2008 at 05:25 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its honestly hard to tell, we've done some of the initial work but I seriously doubt with our current timeline we'll be able to fit it in within a year unless we hire at least one more developer(we're hiring 2) but it can be hard enough to keep up with supporting our current vehicle line without having to bring in newly supported vehicles.

Potential Tuner
    okay, so your saying that you have started working on it but just put it aside to do bigger and better pcm's...? I know its a base model car and all but the 2.2 has a HUGE aftermarket and the only thing holding us back is tuning, i really dont want a piggy back because they good bad. and i dont want to cut into my hardness

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, what Im saying is we can't look at it much further than the work we've already done until after we finish the pcm's we already committed to before the e16 was even brought to our attention. Add to that customer parameter & table requests for currently supported pcm's, custom operating system additions for currently supported pcm's, etc. Very difficult to find a happy medium between keeping up currently supported vehicles & adding new support especially when most 05+ vehicles have 2+ vcm's we must look into ie pcm & tcm if you not only want fuel control but transmission controls in auto cars.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lightinbalt
    okay, so your saying that you have started working on it but just put it aside to do bigger and better pcm's...? I know its a base model car and all but the 2.2 has a HUGE aftermarket and the only thing holding us back is tuning, i really dont want a piggy back because they good bad. and i dont want to cut into my hardness
    dude, read the other threads. this has all been done before.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

The biggest setback for E16 is that its used on so very few vehicles. This causes other projects to be prioritized higher.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    The biggest setback for E16 is that its used on so very few vehicles. This causes other projects to be prioritized higher.
    eh, agree to disagree there. maybe it was used for such a short TIME, but not on a small amount of vehicles. GM's entire ecotec 2.2 lineup during those years used it.
    but again, this has all been said before.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Thre is always the intercept box route. Ive had success with Greddy emanage Ultimate's before on PCM's that had no tuning capability. You can only go so far outta parameter though.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    Thre is always the intercept box route. Ive had success with Greddy emanage Ultimate's before on PCM's that had no tuning capability. You can only go so far outta parameter though.
    yup. eManage, EMS, and SMT are all options that are currently being used. there's no substitute for a direct write tho
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

Potential Tuner
    Ok so we know your stance on the E16 but what about the e37 for the 07+. I also have a 2.2 balt and the only thing holding me back is tuning. I also don't want to cut into the wiring and would like to be able to tune not trick the ecm. I would like to be able to build a N/A DD and make use of better internals and better air flow. PLEASE help us 2.2's out!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Both the E16 & E37 are on our to do list but its difficult to say when we'll be able to get to them at the present time, there are alot of factors that could delay things at this point so we really don't want to commit to a timeframe.

E37 will be supported before E16, that is guaranteed.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    I say dump all those cobalts and get a real car with an LS series engine.

But, I'm just razzing you all, after all, I know several cobalt owners with this issue.

Us four bangers are like that flat-chested girl we all knew...

Not big enough to get any attention or love!!

Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    I say dump all those cobalts and get a real car with an LS series engine.

But, I'm just razzing you all, after all, I know several cobalt owners with this issue.
    I have been VERY temped to get rid of my balt because of this issue but the resale value sucks and its still a nice car for 16-17 yr old that bought it himself. Next car i get WON'T be computer controlled that way i don't have to deal with the lack of tuning issue, and then just mess with that car and if tuning ever comes out then start messing with the balt again.