Thread: VCM Scanner audible alarm

Lightbulb VCM Scanner audible alarm

I've set an EIO output to trigger on knock retard > 1*. The thought was that I would eventually add a piezo buzzer driven by the output to warn me that I need to let off...without having to stare at the laptop display while driving @ WOT.

However, since the output won't operate without a laptop connected and running VCM scanner anyway, how about simply adding a feature that would allow me to tell the VCM scanner software to play a WAV file, tied to the output?

Or better yet, a feature that would allow me to play a WAV file based on "Output Configuration" style triggers. Having the ability to setup several of these would be great!

For instance, I could link KNOCK.WAV to the trigger(KR > 1.0*), and link LEAN.WAV to ((AFR > 12) & (MAP > 100)), etc.

In my particular case, I could feed the line out from my laptop to my stereo's aux in, which would make certain that I hear the warning.

Thanks,
    -Mike

PS: I want this feature so bad, I would write it for you for free.
    Last edited by GNXClone; 02-22-2008 at 11:31 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    #7 in the scanner requests here already http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6619
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I apologize for not reading the sticky.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    lol, no apologies necessary, but yes there are alot of things that are already on the to do list, almost too many things
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Ooh! With this change "Danger to Manifold" will buzz at you!