Thread: delay or enable?

Tuner in Training

delay or enable?

wtf is the diff between DELAY RPM and ENABLE RPM...... i logged both at 3000 rpm and it seems that they do the same function, keeps u stoich till u pass that rpm at desired Kpa.....

Tuner in Training
    im currently at 0 on delay n enable, and my throttle is at 50% all the way through with it going into wot at about 7psi.... im just curious about those 2 tables.

Assuming you're changing the RPM at which there is a 'delay' to power enrich, there are still 'other' qualifiers before PE is allowed.

If you lower the RPM, you've lowered the RPM qualifier for power enrich. That's just one item...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Programmer
    Assuming you're changing the RPM at which there is a 'delay' to power enrich, there are still 'other' qualifiers before PE is allowed.

If you lower the RPM, you've lowered the RPM qualifier for power enrich. That's just one item...
    o i know, atm i gotta hit about 7 psi, pass 50% tps to get into PE..... im just wondering wuts the diff between delay and enable

pe delay is supposed to allow for pe to blend in slowly and smoothly at your specified enrichment rate as the rpms approach your delay value.

But if you have jacked up your enrichment rate then you probably won't see a whole lot of blending going on.

Whereas the rpm enable field would not allow for the slow blend prior to that rpm.
    my_bd 2004 Saturn Ion Redline - 2.0L Supercharged LSJ (P12) 13.1 @ 110

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by my_bd
    pe delay is supposed to allow for pe to blend in slowly and smoothly at your specified enrichment rate as the rpms approach your delay value.

But if you have jacked up your enrichment rate then you probably won't see a whole lot of blending going on.

Whereas the rpm enable field would not allow for the slow blend prior to that rpm.
    thanks dude, i was always curious about that. i got both set to 0 but i just always wondered