Thread: Symptoms and Causes

Make a thread, wrong section this is for symtoms and what fixed it

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Hey ppl, I?m having a stalling issue with my 1998 C1500 pickup 5.7 V8 https://youtu.be/iRzd-Foyz3w please turn up the volume in Sec 7.

I?ll try to cover as much as possible:
    120k miles
    Engine internals are stock
    Pacesetter long headers
    MSD 6A ignition module
    MSD ignition coil
    MSD spark plug cables
    K&N CAI
    Stock trans

Trying to solve the issue I?ve change the following:
    VSS (trans output shaft)
    ICM
    Whole distributor
    CKP sensor
    I?ve checked the 4 conectors on the PCM for loose wires and also some sensors and conectors just to be sure.

I have an OBD2 reader (MX2 + Torque pro app) and there?s no codes even stored on the PCM. The issue just appears when the engine is fully warmed up.

I?ve done some monitoring on the real time information and have noticed that the O2 sensor on the driver side is not fluctuating as the one in the passenger side (between 0.2 and .9V).

Somebody told me to check on the O2 sensors or maybe the TPS but in the last one I?m getting readings even when the issue occurs.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Make a thread, wrong section this is for symtoms and what fixed it
    55 Belair swapped 2000 LQ4, 4L80E, 873 cast iron heads have been swapped for 853's, truck manifolds, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, glass pack mufflers, no cats.

oo I've got one

This table pretends you can use negative values
    table.png

However, if you try that, it will open injector duty over 100% in those areas without warning, ouch
    omfg.png

411 from 02' blue/red with 2-bar OS 12216125
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 11-18-2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: added computer detail

Advanced Tuner
    8-speed shudder symptom.

I know some GM 8 speeds have a shudder. According to TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) 18-NA-355, the latest update addresses torque converter clutch (TCC) shudder conditions on 8L45 and 8L90 eight-speed automatic transmissions, RPO codes M5N, M5T, M5U, and M5X. Affected vehicles include Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac vehicles. https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/08...sion-problems/

However, a new fluid flush appears to fix the issues, with some customers beginning to report a dramatic change in shift quality after swapping out the old juice. If the flush doesn?t fix the issue, the next step may be to replace the torque converter, which could be glazed.
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 06-13-2020 at 01:43 AM. Reason: repaired link