Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Spreadsheets

Re: Tuning Spreadsheets

Quote Originally Posted by JimMueller
    I have a version which I modified to recognize the necessary HPT column headers. I haven't yet used it with HPT, however, so I don't know if ther are any issues (like Jess indicated earlier about the time column).
    Thanks Jim! I'll try it out tonight and report back!
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

Tuner

i had it finished a long time ago, and had the time stamp fixed, but the guy that had the file hosted would never email me back in order to host the new file and now you cant even download the other one. jes
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    i had it finished a long time ago, and had the time stamp fixed, but the guy that had the file hosted would never email me back in order to host the new file and now you cant even download the other one. jes

Send it to me and I'll host it. Not a problem at all.
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me

If you are referring to me:

A: I don't recall getting an email from you about changing the file but it's possible. I get lots of mail each day.

B: The old file is still right where it was and is still downloadable.

C: I've been working 7 days a week on top of everything else. So, oh well...

D: I'd still be glad to put it out there for you. Things have lightened up on this end.

Joe..
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

Cam, 3.42's, TPIS Headers,
    Random Tech Cats, Yank 3600 TC,
    FLT Tranny, 150hp NX Shot

81 - Project FrankenSport

SRIII Tube Chassis, C4 Suspension,
    QA1 Coilovers, Dana 44 w/3.90's,
    T56 6spd, Corbeaus, Tubbed,
    Blown Z06 Engine, SW Headers/Sidepipes

Advanced Tuner

is this the tuning sheet being discussed http://www.bowlingss.com/nmb-ws6_dri...alysis3-03.XLS

that is version 3, it also does not recognize hptuners headers nor the time stamp, but you can delete the time stamp column from the csv and rename the others to match
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Advanced Tuner

That's the exact same one I'm talking about. The link to the version posted earlier in this thread doesn't appear to be the latest release - since the worksheets look incomplete.

I registered my copy but NBM_WS6_Driver's e-mail address doesn't appear to work any longer, or else he no longer cares to support it. So I removed the registration check a week ago, added in validity checks for FTC's (AutoCrap would regularly give me cells above 23 and the code didn't check this column), and added in the default HPT column headers to work with the spreadsheet.

I'm going to fiddle around with it tonight to see if it interprets a few of my logs correctly.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Advanced Tuner

Can you send me a copy of your modified version?
    [email protected]
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Advanced Tuner

I'm having some problems finding the correct syntax to evaluate the time column. I'm a bit tired of looking at it this evening. :-/

I'll send you a current copy - just delete the time column for now.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Advanced Tuner

Jim on the copy you sent me, I have just been deleting the Time Colum and then renaming the headers. Seems to be working great.

Advanced Tuner

The time issue appears to be fixed.

I put up a hack site to download it. The site builder software would only let me upload GIF/JPG files, so I zip'ed it, renamed the extension to JPG, then uploaded it as an image. When I click on it it treats it as a zip file, opens in Winzip and Excel fine.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jmueller4...es/ls1ta32.jpg

Edit: It appears Excel 97 may have some compatibility issues with this version. I can only test on Excel 2003, however, so if you're not running the same version, your mileage may vary.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Senior Tuner

Is this version "good to go" and stable? If so I think I may prune out
    some of the yip-yap in this thread since it's supposed to just be linkage
    to the goods, not a bunch of discussion. If not I will wait until somebody
    says there's a good, stable and long-term-hosted version.

Advanced Tuner

I'd prefer it be hosted at another location just because the hosting method is whacked. I haven't noticed any instability.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Tuner

What do I need to do if i keep getting a runtime error everytime it gets to 02 and load data?
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Advanced Tuner

Which version are you using? If it's the one I posted on December 8th, send me a copy of the log. I'll see if I can track it down.

jmueller4 at earthlink.net
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

For anyone using it, I've updated my app for the change in injector flow rates in HTP v1.5 (g/sec - lbs/hr).

http://www.vettetech.com/db/hptanalysis-v1-4.zip

Edit: 1/6/05 - Some bug fixes to the LTFT - IFR Tables and the New Injector Flow Rate (Injector Resizing) Tables.

More to come...
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

Cam, 3.42's, TPIS Headers,
    Random Tech Cats, Yank 3600 TC,
    FLT Tranny, 150hp NX Shot

81 - Project FrankenSport

SRIII Tube Chassis, C4 Suspension,
    QA1 Coilovers, Dana 44 w/3.90's,
    T56 6spd, Corbeaus, Tubbed,
    Blown Z06 Engine, SW Headers/Sidepipes

Advanced Tuner

Anyone know where I can find the PExRPM calculator? I found it on the web a few years ago and I can't locate my copy. Basically you would put in your current PExRPM values, put in your wideband values, put in your desired values, and it would give you the changes to populate your table.

I could recreate it, but I'm feeling lazy ;D

Edit: Found it on my old laptop.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Potential Tuner

When I try and use the LS1 Tuning Analysis32 excel workbook I paste the data I have captured from HPTuners into the Raw Data. I do this by opening the csv file, selecting all, copying, switching to the Analysis workbook and pasting the data in cell A1 of the raw data tab. When I click on the "Analyza Data" function, it goes through and says updating times, etc. etc. but I get a error:
    Microsoft Visual Basic
    Application-defined or object-defined error
    End/Debug

Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks.

Advanced Tuner

Whose version of the spreadsheet are you using? Which version of Excel? Send me a copy of the .csv you're trying to import and I'll take a peak. E-mail address is up a few posts.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Tuner

I'm a bit confused, I got NMB WS6's spreadsheet to work now my problem is what do I do with what it calculates?
    1999 Formula WS6&&ST. 2 GTP Heads, TR224/224, Moser 12bolt&&Full Suspension

Tuner in Training

Hi folks,

i did a little Excel programming and created a table for all G-Tech enthusiasts. If you want to know how much RWHP SAE corrected (and even Engine HP SAE corrected) your car has when using the G-Tech performance meter, this table should help you to find out.

This table will correct and take into consideration:

Power loss due to Aerodynamic Drag.
    Power loss from Tires
    Temp.correction (to SAE specs)
    Air Pressure correction (to SAE specs)

Unfortunatelly the AeroDrag Table on the G-Tech Homepage is and does not work. It even doesnt come close to real world !

Here is how you can use it:

Right click and choose "save as". Save the table and store it on your HD

http://www.corvettec5.de/Tabellen/DynoSheetUSA.xls

Have a look at the table. All the values in the blue cells are the values that you have to add into the table:

IAT: The temp. at the time you did the G-Tech run. Best value would be the reading from the IAT Sensor (use LS1 Edit or HPTuners to get this value)

Airpressure: in Hpa. Dont use Inches. 1013 HPa = 29.92 Inches. Use formula to calculate if you dont have HPa values from local weather station where you perform the G-Tech run !

Cd for the C5 : is approx. 0.3, you dont have to change this, unless you have a body kit and you know the new cd value.

Frontal Area for C5 : is 1,98 square meter. Dont change this value into square feet as the whole table needs this value in square meters !

Weight of your car : in lbs. Mine car weights (incl. myself 265 lbs plus 3/4 full of gas) 3550 lbs.

The white table cells below the blue cells are for the metric values and are for calculation purposes and should not be changed !

Now do the G-Tech run and notice all necessary data (Temp. Pressure . . .).
    Fill in the net G-Tech PS and Torque Values and weather data into the appropriate cells.

Again: dont touch the white cells, they are for calculation purpos.

The blue cell "Correction Factor for YOUR car" is a value which is accurate for my car. Its a 97 C5 M6 with 3.42 gears. This values calculates to approx. 20 % drivetrain loss which was meassured on a german DIN Dynamometer, and seems to be VERY precise. If you have an A4, this value will be significantly higher.
    If you dont care for "engine power", just forget this box !

You can see the results from your G-Tech run in the green cells. Here you have the G-Tech value corrected for Aerodynamic Drag, Tires, Temperature and Air pressure. If you like, use the engine PS no. as an approx. value for your car at the Flywheel.

The picture in the center of the table can be changed. Paste and copy a picture from YOUR G-Tech run into this place and print the whole table. Now you have a nice record for future comparison . . .

Hope some of you guys find this usefull !

Jochen