Thread: Injector Rate Basic Help

Injector Rate Basic Help

Haven't done much tuning and havn't been on the board in a while so if this is boring and repeated stuff for some I apologize.

Just to get the following configuration up and running I followed the tuning sticky for injector rtes and idle. Car runs ok with a little idle surge so time to do some fine tuning. Before dealing with other issues I noticed the LTFT's were way lean. I used the Injector Spreadsheet for 60lb Siemans injectors at 58PSI which is what the car is making.

2000 Corvette
    Forged LS2 402
    Cam - 228/232 .588/.595 - 115LSA
    Maggie 122 Running 12-14psi boost
    Converted to a 5pin MAF
    60lb injectors

I started with a stock Corvette 5 pin MAF frequency setting. Used the Injector rates from the spreadsheet, got the timing and VE Tables from Magnuson. I had to bump Base Running Airflow up quite a bit (to around 15.00 at operating temp) to get it to idle decently.

So I'm thinking I have to take a few steps back and Tune the MAF and VE tables to get the injectors in line. Amd I going down the right path or is there something else I should be looking at first.

The car runs decently if I drop the IFR table down in the 50's as opposed to high 60's low 70's but want to set it up correctly. The Maggie Tech guys told me to just drop the IFR until the LTFT's are in line but that's not my understanding of the correct way to go about it.

Open to suggestions and flames:

Thanks
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

Cam, 3.42's, TPIS Headers,
    Random Tech Cats, Yank 3600 TC,
    FLT Tranny, 150hp NX Shot

81 - Project FrankenSport

SRIII Tube Chassis, C4 Suspension,
    QA1 Coilovers, Dana 44 w/3.90's,
    T56 6spd, Corbeaus, Tubbed,
    Blown Z06 Engine, SW Headers/Sidepipes

I find that if you enter 43.5 psi for the injector rated pressure, the fueling is too lean. Depending on the percent that your too lean, I've had to enter up to 58 psi as the injector rated pressure when using the spread sheet.

When using the stock 1bar map sensor & operating system, just leave the VE table stock. Then tune the Maf table to get the actual AFR to match the commanded AFR. With 12-14 lbs boost, your going to max the Maf. So you may have to raise the PE at the RPM were the Maf becomes maxed out.

Russ Kemp

You are going to HAVE to run 2 bar with your combo. Might as well start out with it.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks. PIcked up a 2bar map and went have the upgrade to 2bar. Just need the time.

I do have it running and driveable in the meantime. But I need to slap the WB on their and do some tweaking before going to the dyno. I'd like to minimize the dyno time.

Thanks guys...
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

Cam, 3.42's, TPIS Headers,
    Random Tech Cats, Yank 3600 TC,
    FLT Tranny, 150hp NX Shot

81 - Project FrankenSport

SRIII Tube Chassis, C4 Suspension,
    QA1 Coilovers, Dana 44 w/3.90's,
    T56 6spd, Corbeaus, Tubbed,
    Blown Z06 Engine, SW Headers/Sidepipes