Thread: 2008 TBSS transmission questions...

Advanced Tuner

2008 TBSS transmission questions...

Can someone look at my tune and make any suggestions on making sure I have all of the TM removed and tell me where I can make some changes as far as firming up the shifts. I know this is a 4600lb vehicle so I dont expect tire barking shifts, but some firmer part throttle shifts and really nice firm WOT shifts would be nice.

Thanks in advance...Todd

Install the Corvette 2-4 servo piston assy, this will really firm up the shifts. Then you may have to fine tune the shift pressure tables.

And don't eliminate the torque management, instead reduce the trans upshift torque reduction by 50% if you want the trans to live.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Russ, I Will Look Into That. The Only Things I Had Read Wa That Gm Had Revised The Tm On The 2008 Models And Made It Even More Aggressive Than The Previous Years.

Stock The Truck Slips The Shifts So Bad It Is Not Even Funny. I Dont Drive It Hard, But Would Like Some Firm Shifts At Part Throttle And Esp Under Full Throttle.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Install the Corvette 2-4 servo piston assy, this will really firm up the shifts. Then you may have to fine tune the shift pressure tables.

And don't eliminate the torque management, instead reduce the trans upshift torque reduction by 50% if you want the trans to live.

Russ Kemp
    Could someone explain the difference between the two and how it relates to the trans life? I plan on doing the servo's this spring. It is my understanding that the servos can help with towing as well. Any thoughts?

TIA
    Tom
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

Advanced Tuner
    The vette servo or as it is called 2nd gear servo is what actives and locks the band during the 1-2 shift and then it locks the entire internal drum and sun gear assembly during the 3-4 shift.

The vette servoe has more surface area thus it hits the band harder resulting in a quicker engagement instead of a slip until the stock one locks. The vette servo is not even the best option out, there is a billett servo you can get that is heavier and has even more surface area than the vette servo, but it comes at the expense of on a stock tranny with a stock band it will rip the engagement hole out of the stock band.

Potential Tuner
    Sneakyws6 - mind posting your stock tune? I'd kinda like to compare it with the stock tune on my '07 to see just how much they changed TM....
    Charlie

2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT "All Terrain" 4WD
    2009 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD