Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is responsible for this?

Question What is responsible for this?

Truck is in my sig. Pretty much stock except for a Wix filter on the engine, and a built 4L80, and exhaust. I cannot for the life of me get this damn thing to leave twins on the pavement. I can sling it around a corner and it breaks off nice, but mashing it from the start the thing just flashes up to the stall speed (2500) and slowly revs from there. I have tried, what i think is, everything in the tune to do it. Is there a hidden option that I'm missing? Abuse mode is off, and all that. Also I should mention that I cannot brake-torque it either. The tires aren't all that hot either, pretty worn BFG Commercial T-A's.
    Anyone who can help gets a cold lol

'cmon, you know the drill..... log & tune... LOL
    Always Support Our Troops!

Here are two logs, short and fresh.

First one is just stopped, and switching pedals, throttle to the floor.

Second one is a brake stall.

Neither of them made the tires slip at all, and the tires are pretty bad to begin with.

Also, my config file is there for good measure.
    Last edited by gman4dx266; 03-11-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Hmm. Since you're seeing delivered trans torque of 340-350 ft lbs (calculated) I don't have a clue why it isn't frying the skinnies.

I thought the Master Abuse mode switch killed all of the abuse mode stuff.
    Couldn't hurt to throw these values at it. Not sure whether or not it will make a difference though.
    RPM = 7000
    TPS = 100%
    Speed = 0 MPH

And Mode 8 of the ETC Injector disable is 0 instead of 255...

What was your spark doing when you brake torqued it? That's the only other factor...
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 03-12-2008 at 03:23 AM.

Hmm Ill make the ETC Inj table 0 in that line, but the table shouldnt matter anyways, right? Its a cable-driven throttle.

Ill log spark today and see if it dumps it or whatever, as well as setting the abuse mode things. I think Ive had those set 8K,100%,0mph in the past, didnt notice any gains, and just used the master switch.

Will post a new log this afternoon or tonight. Thanks!

Thought all 6.0L's were DBW.

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Thought all 6.0L's were DBW.
    Negative Ghostrider, I seem to have all the cable throttle vehicles. Just like my 06 v6 Silverado. I guess I get all the lasties. haha

But yeah...I changed all those, and didnt get anything different. I Also logged my advance and theres no KR or BKR going on. It starts at about 15* when i get on it

Have you tried giving it more timing down low?

Advanced Tuner
    its the G-80 in the rearend with the 14bolt, factory lockers don't work like an eaton, good luck.

oh yeah with the 80 in there your only putting down about 270 to 280hp to the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by kevmar
    its the G-80 in the rearend with the 14bolt, factory lockers don't work like an eaton, good luck.

oh yeah with the 80 in there your only putting down about 270 to 280hp to the wheels
    What's your point? lol you only need about half that to do a massive

And I hear people bitching about the G80, but I guess I'm just an odd case or it has something to do with it being a heavy duty. Mine works great at times like when its wet; one wheel only slips about 1/4 of a turn before the other engages; its pretty tight, if thats the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian442
    Have you tried giving it more timing down low?
    No I havent really. Ill work on that when i get the time...no pun intended.
    Last edited by gman4dx266; 03-13-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Senior Tuner
    You and I are in the same boat, I have a 2002 1500HD 4x4. I think it is some kind of safety thing (Tq Mgt or Traction Control). I need to log the trans parameters, because my tune is spot on and there is no low timing from a stop (28 degrees across the board with no knock) and the fuel is at 12.5 (wideband verified).

Advanced Tuner
    my point is look here for your answer to trucks

www. performancetrucks.net

been building these trucks for over 8 years with some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    You and I are in the same boat, I have a 2002 1500HD 4x4. I think it is some kind of safety thing (Tq Mgt or Traction Control). I need to log the trans parameters, because my tune is spot on and there is no low timing from a stop (28 degrees across the board with no knock) and the fuel is at 12.5 (wideband verified).
    Yes! A fellow boatman has come forward!

IF it's trac ctrl or TM, why isn't it in the cal file? Can I snag your file to see your spark tables? Are you running the 12212156 OS I am? That OS must be jacked up severely, That is my hunch, since this is the 2nd annoyance that I cant correct with my tune (the 2nd being my no 4th lockup with less than 5% tps). I started a thread [at the top of the subforum right now called 'attn hpt staff'] in VCM Suite help, about doing a segment swap of a 4l80 into another cal file, and writing entire. No luck on that though, atleast not yet. doug says its a no-go.

For what its worth, I have a very very minor discovery. I was screwing around with the vcm controls in the scanner, and i put the AFR down at 8, and it started running like ass (as any engine pretty much would). I was at the end of a driveway, and when it was clear I stabbed the gas, it bogged and barked the tires and bogged again. So it got an instant burst of power for a second there. Ill need to try upping the advance using stoich and see how that goes. You said you're using 28, ill have to check mine out and see what i can make my max.

Advanced Tuner
    here is a tune I did for a 2500 6.0 like yours

file is tunerlocked, unlock & repost.

Advanced Tuner
    woops hahaa, you will also have todown load a 06 file to compare the two since yours is a 02 and my file is an 06

i have an 07 and have all TM off and when I log trans torq management in status bits it always reads active. There must be some tables we just cannot see.

Quote Originally Posted by chakoman
    i have an 07 and have all TM off and when I log trans torq management in status bits it always reads active. There must be some tables we just cannot see.
    We [at least, I] dont have the TM status bits available on my 02.

Advanced Tuner
    let me know if you can open it now thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevmar
    let me know if you can open it now thanks
    I can indeed, thanks.

I dont really see anything jumping out at me. I copied the spark tables to my hpt file, and it knocks badly when i stab the gas. Pickup seems to be a bit better, but i need to get that Burst KR ironed out.