Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is responsible for this?

Here's a video of how my truck behaves because of its no-burnout mentality lol

Nevermind the 'zip' you hear when the revs flash...that was just my camera case sliding off the center console ripple things.

...And nevermind the radar detector too...I had it muted, but it doesnt mute fast enough.

Here's the link to the video:

http://media.putfile.com/noburnout2

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266
    I can indeed, thanks.

I dont really see anything jumping out at me. I copied the spark tables to my hpt file, and it knocks badly when i stab the gas. Pickup seems to be a bit better, but i need to get that Burst KR ironed out.
    log the take off and remove the timiing in that area, good luck, EVERY truck is different, some like timing some don't hahaa

Quote Originally Posted by kevmar
    log the take off and remove the timiing in that area, good luck, EVERY truck is different, some like timing some don't hahaa
    Yeah i know that, but even just getting the BKR removed, its not going to magically leave twins. It doesnt even start to slip them at all. It's so pitiful.

And to rub it in, i see all these videos on youtube of silverados just rippin it up. goshdang I mean seriously, how bout my video; doesnt that just suck? lol

Tuner in Training
    I dont understand. A stock 1500 5.3L with 3.73s can light em up better than our tuned 6.0L. Is it the 4L80 & 3.73 combination, cause the 4L80 & 4.10 along with 4L60 & 3.73 seem to do just fine stock. I think we need a 1500HD support group

Quote Originally Posted by S H E R M
    I dont understand. A stock 1500 5.3L with 3.73s can light em up better than our tuned 6.0L. Is it the 4L80 & 3.73 combination, cause the 4L80 & 4.10 along with 4L60 & 3.73 seem to do just fine stock. I think we need a 1500HD support group
    I think we need a support group as well! I know the thing hauls ass, it just wont...haul it sitting still. LOL

Im going to start a thread over on performance trucks when i get the time, because this is just rediculous!

How bout the Silverado SS's though. They have a 4L65 dont they? Thats like a step above a 60, and they have 410's and that damn thing is a performance truck!

The thing is, Ive personally [not on the internet or anything] seen a 1500HD, 4l80 - 373 combo do a massive burnout. Unfortunately the truck wasn't mine lol.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, 4l80-e (2.69 first gear) + 14bolt (3.73) + 30.xx" tire = not much fun in first. The 80-e is the overdrive version of the th400 which has a ton of internal mass to spin. The 14 bolt is worse than a Ford 9inch. Strong combo but eats power. When you hit the 1 to 2 shift at almost at 50mph don't expect much down low. Try a higher stall and switch to at least 4.10's. Anything can be made to burn tire though, just gotta figure out the way.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by straped for cash
    Ok, 4l80-e (2.69 first gear) + 14bolt (3.73) + 30.xx" tire = not much fun in first. The 80-e is the overdrive version of the th400 which has a ton of internal mass to spin. The 14 bolt is worse than a Ford 9inch. Strong combo but eats power. When you hit the 1 to 2 shift at almost at 50mph don't expect much down low. Try a higher stall and switch to at least 4.10's. Anything can be made to burn tire though, just gotta figure out the way.
    These trucks aren't built light thats for sure. There is always the option of 4.10s, or going the cam and heads route. I don't want to speak for the other guys, but whats puzzling is that with a good tune and few mods like exhaust, headers, and intake there shouldn't be trouble putting some rubber down. Like you said though the strong combo eats power.

Tuner in Training
    Just watch his video again. These motors don't hit the powerband early enough. There is more tm in the tow/haul table, but I am still learning myself and I haven't looked at his logs yet. Everyone that Ive heard of switching to the 80-e from the 60-esays its a complete dog at first and they always want more gear.

Tuner in Training
    Well, I looked at the tune and heres my newb idea. Try lowering the cold pe enable tps threshold vs. rpm. I think the F-bodies have that setting around 40%. Never really looked at a 6.0 tune but the ltft's look like there stock? Like i said, still a newb.

Still, going back to my point...Its a 6.0 V8! It has muscle, so it should lay something down! I know its a big ass truck, heavy, with a cow of a transmission, but what the hell?

That said, about the PE enable, It doesnt matter for what im talking about. I go wot from a stop, and my pe is set to 90% tps, so whether its 40% or 90% like i have it set for...either way im going to be in PE.

Also i have tuned my trims and they're all within approx 8 points of 0, and no difference.

Perhaps a higher stall would be in order, but I dont know. A stall cant be the 'miracle' part on the truck, atleast i dont think so. I mean, its not going to be a major barn burner. lol

Hmmm One thing we can't monitor with HPT but *could* be part of the "abuse mode" is the ABS brake system. It could be seeing that 100% TPS at 0 MPH and saying "NO WAY" and applying the rear brakes just enough to keep it from smokin.

I would like to know if anyone with a 1500 series that has swapped in an 80E can smoke them from stop. I almost bet they can!
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    So what if we just pull the ABS fuse?

could be, EC. What still gets me though, is that I got my ass handed to me in a mini-burnout contest with an 01 2500HD (6.0, 4l80, 373 G80) - basically my twin just with a different name on the side.

I bet sherm has something there...I might be able to pop out the antilock fuse and try it. Truck is out having new rubbers put on the front, so I'll try it later on or tomorrow. If that works then I'm effed still, since id have no ABS and have that gay light lit up on my dash. Im gonna have to get Rick Wagoner on the phone. The pcm in this truck is really pissing me off...er...more accurately, the programming in it.

Tuner in Training
    I'm very new to tuning but your PE enrich is set at 4.000. From my understanding that is way to high, I've been told to keep it at or around 1.2-1.3 for a stock/bolt on engine. You might be entering PE mode way to fast. Lots of fuel and no timing kills torque. If I am incorrect someone please tell me.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Difference between 1 and 4 for pe rate is nothing. as long as it's higher than 1. It has nothing to do with mods. that is just a timer of how fast pe engages. stock is like .0095. PE is disabled by default, but i cant even see or feel a gain to having it enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by straped for cash

The 4L80E has a 2.48 first gear just like the 400. The 4L60E has a 3.06. The 4L65E is just a stronger 4L60E. It has stuff like 5 planetery gears instead of 4 in the 60.

Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266
    the thing just flashes up to the stall speed (2500) and slowly revs from there.

From the looks of your video and scan your converter is only flashing to 2000 at best. From the scan, it really looks to lock at 1841 RPM. Thats kinda tight, but anything higher would hurt city mileage.

Looking at your tune, in the trans torque management tab, Even though the abuse master is disabled I would still max the RPM, TPS and speed so it has no chance of effecting torque. There may be unseen tables that those may effect.

I think someone else mentioned what you said, bigbrian, about the abuse mode probably triggering something else unseen. I think it may have been EC_Tune, but it dont remember. Longer story shorter, i set them to the max or min or whatever and got no difference out of them.

My main point is why can an 01 2500HD do all this and i cant? It's like im sitting next to a damn whippled SS. LOL

What happens if you power brake it till the wheels spin? Do you feel anything backing the power off?

The wheels WONT spin -at all- doing a brake torque. It has disc rear btw. Stock brakes...107K miles, 1/2 left on the fronts and pretty much perfect on the rear. Basically though it feels as if the front and rear are maybe "too proportioned" to where you cant get half of them (the back) to slip and have the front hold. Maybe that sounds absurd, but thats my guess.

But that cant be the 'root of all evil' because I cant make it tear off/peel out when i dont powerbrake either.

I cant remember, so i need to watch my log again and see if timing is being dumped while doing a braketorque. I dont think it is, otherwise it'd be a matter of solving that and we'd know by now. Like i said though, setting the abuse mode to enabled or disabled made no difference. What i may do though, is set it to enabled but set the numbers high. My thinking on that is maybe something else relies on that being enabled, otherwise it trips something else and makes it powerless. Other than that I dont know. Im just as clueless as the next guy.

EDIT: I may have found something under Engine>Tq Man>Engine Torque>Delivered Tq.

It has 5 things under there for me, and a couple have caught my eye.

They are basically PWM of commanded delivered tq. One is shift in progress, set to 13%. Then another is "Normal Min" which says Minimum allowed PWM Delivered Tq, set to 30%. That table is in cohoots with the one below it which is a number used to calculate minimum PWM. Then the last one is a fail condition for tq man. My understanding of the tooltip is that 7% is the PWM added if a TM failure is detected. Im going to screw around with these and see if i feel a difference. who knows, its worth a shot.
    Last edited by gman4dx266; 03-21-2008 at 01:00 PM.