Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hesitaton problem

Post log/layout you're using.

MAF is literally just mass air frequency and either fuel trims or EQ ratio error or whatever you want to put into the graph... not much to it. Usually the problem is not logging mass airflow frequency

Tuner
    Capture.PNG I was trying to use the setup he uses but it doesn't work with the new version of the vcm scanner. I'm logging MAF and the MAF sensor which shows the frequency. I'm also logging all my fuel trims and the EQ ratio commanded.

Take out whatever that is in the filter function section

If it still doesn't work then post a log and your layout and I'll figure it out real quick

Tuner
    My layout.Layout.xml I can't go out and test to see if removing that helped until around 3:30est. But there's my layout, if you find any problems or think I should scan for something else please let me know I'm open to anything.

Tuner
    So I need to log MAF lb/min by my MAF frequency and I'll change the tune to what I get in the scanner?

no.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Any problems with the layout?

You still have random stuff in a few filters that at best won't do anything or at worst will make nothing ever show up

Without a log that's about all I can tell

Tuner
    Capture2.PNG I have it set like this and with over a 1000 hits my data is still different from my MAF calibration table.

What you've got in there serves no purpose for tuning

Tuner
    What do I need to log to calibrate the MAF sensor for my cold air intake?

Tuning Addict
    Where parameter is > change to either air fuel error or fuel trim error > both will be under the maths or user defined section if you have your own

You can even clone the graph for quick duplication and have one log trims, one log air fuel error or lambda error or whatever...

Might also want to change cell hits required to something like 3 or 4 as well... It's also easier to kill the long terms in the tune or via scanner controls and tune off of short terms only until things are close - this way lt's are carrying over into PE and your PE corrections will be correct and not influenced...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_boii View Post
    What do I need to log to calibrate the MAF sensor for my cold air intake?
    Fuel trims while in closed loop (there's a LTFT + STFT math parameter that I usually use)

EQ Ratio error or AFR ratio error in open loop/PE (have to have a wideband for this though)

Tuner
    Capture3.PNG How does this look?

The problem is that is only going to do anything when throttle is over 90%, and when throttle is that high it's unlikely fuel trims will be active anyways (because it will be in PE mode).. so doubt it will be of much use

Get rid of the filter and use fuel trims everywhere you aren't in PE IMO. Once in PE you need a wideband.

It's not unusual to set filters so data is only taken from areas where you're in certain fuel trim cells or throttle is between two values or engine coolant temp is high enough, etc. but I don't think what's in there now will help