Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hesitaton problem

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    Never happens. You did something wrong.
    Followed the instrutions to a "T"; had the same problem. Any ideas?

Here's your problem: You're not in Closed Loop so the STFT's don't work and always read zero. Get that fixed and the config works.
    Attachment 16174
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks man, that got it. I raised the whole MAF vs air flow line up about 20% and it seems to run a little better.

Alright, I've got another question. I only did the scan and adjustment once until I reread your instructions. It said do it until the error percentage is <2%, so I did it again last night. This time, it said that my error percentage is now 20-50% depending on the cell. I adjusted the graph on the editor and did it again. Then it said 40-60%. Well, after doing that once or twice more, it was running so rich it would hardly stay running. Ultimately, I put my tune from earlier in the night on and it's running fine now.

Any ideas?

Are you copying AFR error while in closed loop? If so, most widebands will show some error from stoch and you'll keep re-copying it over and over. Ask me how I know...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Dump it and put a stocker back on. There is no benefit to aftermarket MAF's except the ones that utilize the LS7 MAF sensor within a standard MAF type (round) housing.
    Can it be proven scientifically that these are junk?

The companies that make them claim they have
    proven science that says they are better than stock
    Last edited by Rockrz; 02-12-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Are you copying AFR error while in closed loop?
    Please explain this a little better. I guess I am copying in closed loop... I never put it back in open.

You will copy the error term (LTFT, STFT, or AFR Error%) into your MAF table. If you re-open the scan file just right click on any histogram and select Load All Data.
    quick question, i was doing some idle loging and my MAF error had numbers in the 3 digits. is this normal? And how do you apply these numbers to the MAF table or even the VE table?
    2001 Camaro SS

Tuner in Training
    my problem is that the #4 tab in the scanner under MAF!LTFT.cfg doesnt work, it says its not supported... even if i go to a log with the MAF enabled it still doesnt support it.

is it a wideband thing just like everything else? why doesnt it work?

I thought i could do SOMETHING without a wideband, but I guess HPt is completely and udderly useless without one.

and Ive been trying to get the VE table closer, but that isnt working either, it just stays like that, cant get it any better than +/-6 or so...

if the log and tune actually show up as attachments, they are still !MAF for "VE tuning" even though its more of "premium gas waste for the unemployed guy"

I know you senior tuners are trying to help, but it just seems like you might be leaving out obvious things in your step by step procedures that I'm not picking up on...

Thanks,
    Ben

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by almostfast View Post
    ... you might be leaving out obvious things in your step by step procedures that I'm not picking up on...
    thats what it was...

without reading "you must log your data with my config" I wouldnt figure that out on my own

click
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

Advanced Tuner
    EC Tune could you update your MAF Configs they wont work with the New 2.23 beta??
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Wanted to bring this back up, since we are disabling the LTFT's to do tuning on the MAF and STFT's do I even have to enable the LTFT's again or can I leave it disabled? Seems like if the setup runs well (STFT's at 0% or 1-3 negative) then LTFT's wouldnt be neccessary??

Correct me if my thinking is wrong

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    If it's dialed in that close, then yes turn LTFT back on. Then they will read zero all the time anyway, until you actually need it It would only change when your STFT's do. Weird weather/temps, mountains, etc. It can adjust it a little either way as need.

I'm a newb to HP, but hoping there is a way to choose certain RPM's or conditions where it is closed loop. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Tuner in Training
    Reviving this thread from the dead because I wanted to use the same method to tune my MAF, but this won't work with the Beta version, as mentioned above. Has anybody figured out how to make it work? If not, I might just go back to 2.2 and try it that way.

Advanced Tuner
    I have version 2.23.474 and it worked for me.

I just want say thanks to EC Tune for this write up.

Tuner in Training
    Where can you read: 11. Repeat as necessary until the error is in the +/- 1-2% range.?

Tuner in Training
    Old thread I know, but there seems to be some good advice in hear. These steps seem easy to follow, I'm wondering though is it not necessary to disable SD first? Possibly via setting Dynamic Airflow RPM's to artificially low values?

Potential Tuner
    EC Tune or somebody. Do these histograms function in 2.24.942?

Tabs 1 and 5 collect data but I can not get any other tabs to log anything.

What modifications do I need to make to the configuration to make this histogram function with my '97 C5 with a 0411 PCM swap?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner
    Can anyone help me by giving me a updated chart for the MAF. The one up here doesn't seem to work with the updated software