Thread: Unlimited Year/Model license. Both V8 and V6?

Potential Tuner

Smile Unlimited Year/Model license. Both V8 and V6?

I just ordered VCM Suite pro 2 days back waiting on shipping. My truck is a 2000 Silverado 5.3, my brother's a 2000 Silverado 4.3 V6 and a friend of mine a 2000 Silverado 5.3 Z71. All 3 are a 2000 and a Silverado.

First is questions is if I get the Unlimited Year/Model license for 2000 Silverado dose that includes my bros V6 or only the 2 V8's, or do I have to buy 3 individual license for 2 credits each?

Second questions is Year/ Model license includes for example;

Silverado/Sierra as same model or 2 different models?
    Yukon/Tahoe as same model or 2 different models?
    Yukon XL/Suburban as same model or 2 different models?

Thanks,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    First is questions is if I get the Unlimited Year/Model license for 2000 Silverado dose that includes my bros V6 or only the 2 V8's, or do I have to buy 3 individual license for 2 credits each?
    Your two V8 trucks would fall under this 99-07 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 8.1

The V6 Truck would fall under this 01-07 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 4.3

A full listing of our supported vehicles/engines/pcm's can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

Second questions is Year/ Model license includes for example;

Silverado/Sierra as same model or 2 different models?
    Yukon/Tahoe as same model or 2 different models?
    Yukon XL/Suburban as same model or 2 different models?
    Any ones that are located on the same line fall within the same year/model license for instance
    00-06 Chevy Suburban / GMC Yukon & Denali 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 8.1 includes all of those vehicles of that year/model with those engines.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Bill

Tuner in Training

Follow-up question on unlimited year/model credit purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Your two V8 trucks would fall under this 99-07 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 8.1

The V6 Truck would fall under this 01-07 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 4.3

A full listing of our supported vehicles/engines/pcm's can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

Any ones that are located on the same line fall within the same year/model license for instance
    00-06 Chevy Suburban / GMC Yukon & Denali 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 8.1 includes all of those vehicles of that year/model with those engines
    I know this is an old thread but I'm still looking for some clarity here, since I just purchased an MPVI2 and I'm trying to evaluate the best use of my investment.

If I purchase the unlimited license for 98-00 Tahoe, does that include any/all 98, 99, and 2000 Tahoes or does it only include the single model year that I initially tune? If I purchase the unlimited year/model option for 6 credits for 99-07 Silverado 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 8.1, does that include any vehicle that falls into the range of years or does that only include, for example, 2000 Silverados if the first vehicle I tune with that license is a 2000 Silverado? Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenasteiner View Post
    If I purchase the unlimited year/model option for 6 credits for 99-07 Silverado 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 8.1
    Thats not how it works, gen 3 v8 truck license is 30 credits, not 6. You can find more information on our credit system, year/model licenses, etc. in our help file at http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...credit_faq.htm

Tuner in Training
    I think I understand more clearly after reading the FAQs doc, thanks. To be clearer about my question though--I understand that the gen3 v8 truck license is 30 credits. I was referring to the year/model unlimited license for 6 credits--trying to confirm that if I purchase the year/model unlimited option, I am bound to the exact year of the first vehicle I tune with that package?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    6 credits gets you one year of one model, for instance for 6 credits you can tune an unlimited amount of 2000 Chevy Corvette V8's, if you want to tune an unlimited amount of 2001 Chevy Corvettes its another 6 credits and so on.