Thread: New to HPTuners

Tuner in Training

New to HPTuners

I have a few questions, I have a 05 Chevy Colorado crew cab with a 3.5 I5 auto trans. I am trying to start tuning it and was wondering, for the histogram, what do you suggest for the long term histogram? The table set up uses the LTFT sensor, when using it I get like -50's in histogram. When I set a table up using PID Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 my histogram show like around 0 plus or minus 15 ish. Another question is there are 5 VE tables according to cam position. Anybody know if I have to try to log cam position to be able to filter out cam position to adjust each VE table? That is my guess. Just haven't played with it enough to get the right PID.
    Thanks for any Info.
    Oh and here is a copy of the stock tune.

Keep in mind when u let your foot of the gas the pcm cuts the fuel. Switch of the Deceleration fuel cut off and go round do some logging, you should get more accurate results.

For basic mods, I'm not sure if you will need to play around with the VE tables. You should deffinately get the PE enrichment EQ ratio table to read better and also increase the enrichment rate. You'll feel great gains just from that.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Post a scanner log showing your issues please, have you tried one of the premade configs at the top of this section in the sticky?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    OK I have a few logs. I'm sorry for such short logs.
    The first log, the only thing I changed was the deceleration temp to 300 degrees to disable it.
    The second log was after I applied the changes to the VE Tables and the third log was after I applied the results again.
    The fourth log nothing was changed from the third log, I just logged again.
    Thanks
    Last edited by The_Mailman; 10-05-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Am I thinking right to think that I need to take the values from the 8th histogram and multiply by % to my MAF calibration/MAF airflow vs. Output Frequency table?
    That is what I did and was wondering if I was chasing the wrong rabbit?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The 8th histogram doesn't work unless you've completely changed configs which we can't see since you didn't post your config file, everything looks at least semi normal from a quick glance, I don't see any -50 trims at least.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    OK I used the config file from the sticky.