Thread: Two Interfaces, One Computer ?

Tuner

Two Interfaces, One Computer ?

Hi there,

This may sound like a stupid question but since I'm not an IT expert I thought I'd ask. I have two interfaces. One serial and one MPVI. The serial I have owned for some time now and when I needed the MPVI I found it more sensible financially ( given where I live ) to just purchase the MPVI outright then sending my interface in. When I got it I installed the software on my wife's laptop and have been using it since. I thought of just using my regular laptop but before I connected the MPVI Interface, I checked the License Info on my laptop it showed the licenses I have for my serial interface. I then was not sure of what would happen if I connected the MPVI interface. Now the wife has been on my case for a while coz of this. So I thought I'd ask over here. Can I just connect the MPVI and use my old laptop as normal and switch interfaces as applicable ? Or do I need a separate Installation i.e. new laptop for each interface ?

Regards,
    Nabil
    03 Mercedes ML55 AMG - Stock
    06 S2000
    06 GMC Sierra 3500 - Tuned
    09 GT-R - Stock
    09 Lexus LX570
    10 Camaro SS , Bolt Ons , Tuned

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It will be a pita to do what your saying because they run completely different software, so each time you want to use one or the other you'd need to install the other software package.

Not worth the effort IMO.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    So I was right. I am stuck with using two different laptops ?
    06 S2000
    09 GT-R - Stock
    09 Lexus LX570

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It would just be a pita, doable, just not fun. Another thing you might be able to do is store the serial software onto a usb flash drive or the like to run on.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Got it. Thanks for the advice . I'll stick with the current setup then :P. Seems wifey is getting a new laptop :P
    06 S2000
    09 GT-R - Stock
    09 Lexus LX570

Advanced Tuner
    Did you try using seperate user accounts on your computer operating system?
    load one version of the software on one account and the other version on a different user account. I never did it but it's worth a shot.

Senior Tuner
    I run both interfaces. Just install them in different directories. When prompted where to install them change the directory on the MPVI software to Program Files\HP Tuners2. Run the serial software in the default install directory, Program Files\HP Tuners. I still keep a 1.7 version in a separate directory because sometimes I need to save a file as a .bin.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 03-16-2008 at 03:04 AM.