Thread: G8 GXP GM News Release

G8 GXP GM News Release

So it's official, the G8 GXP is coming. Powered by a 402 HP (est) version of the LS3, M6 is optional.

Here's some linkys:

http://media.gm.com/us/gm/en/news/ev...8%20GXP_OR.htm

http://jalopnik.com/367820/2009-pont...l-transmission

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

that is a good looking car
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Looks too much like a toyota from the rear though. They sucked in the trunk area a little too much and gave it a narrow a$$.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I agree, it looks to dispraportionately tall for it's width. Looks good, just wish it was a bit wider. looks like it could flip over LOL.
    99GTP: Flowmasters, ZZP Power log & Ported rear, 9.5:1, Bored over .010, removed balance shaft, Dbl roller chain, Intense S1X, custom ported heads, 45#inj., 105lb springs, 1.7 rockers, A103's, 180-stat, Gen V swap, 97 Cadillac TB & Custom machined alum. spacer, 95 GTP Hood louvers
    97GTP: Stock engine, 95 GTP Hood louvers

they actually look wider than taller, based on the VE commodore chassis... i was being followed by one of the lang lang (holden proving ground) test vehicles on the way home from work....... i couldnt get any photos with the moby - tricky buggers slowed right up and stuck on the high beams so i couldnt take any photos or any decent ones, no they look tough as nuts in the flesh, in my opinion i recon they look better than the Commodore VE range. cheers from down under, Bryan

Adding to my other post, brace yourselves for the "sports truck"
    "utes" as theyre know over here you will have plenty of fun as well as some "haulin arse" practibility thrown in to help moving those slightly larger things from "A" to "B"
    with HP tuners do believe theyre all set for these vehicles unless holden make changes to the computers - could be a possibility if they drop a different 'donk' in em to what we use here, trust Bill and the HP team will be all over it!

to add a bit more for you lucky US residents you have open slate to rename the "sport truck"
    http://pontiac.emipowered.net/tameth...cmp=ttn_vanity

looking thru few of the threads have to say EC TUNE and Chris of HP have already discussed about the sports truck
    Last edited by driftnpow; 03-18-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Maybe it's jut the angle and video then. I saw the video on Fquick and the front and rear view made it look too tall.

http://www.fquick.com/blog/InsideLin...est_Drive/1376
    99GTP: Flowmasters, ZZP Power log & Ported rear, 9.5:1, Bored over .010, removed balance shaft, Dbl roller chain, Intense S1X, custom ported heads, 45#inj., 105lb springs, 1.7 rockers, A103's, 180-stat, Gen V swap, 97 Cadillac TB & Custom machined alum. spacer, 95 GTP Hood louvers
    97GTP: Stock engine, 95 GTP Hood louvers

I'm thinking about buying one of these.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp

Overall, the G8 looks sharp. The front end looks mean while it sit's on stylish wheels. However, the tail lights look horrendous in person with it's small red dot housed in a huge clear box.
    2001 NBM Z28
    Junkyard 2005 LQ9 T56 swap/LS7 clutch & Patriot Stg. 3 LS6 heads with a Polluter cam & Vengeance ported Fast 92, Innovative MTX-L wideband & HPTuners. No dyno #'s, but feels great on the street w/ a 1.113EQ. ratio. Still working on the tune..

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    Looks too much like a toyota from the rear though. They sucked in the trunk area a little too much and gave it a narrow a$$.
    Nah.....Tojo copied the GM car!

Pity they couldn't copy the class leading handling and the raw US Muscle power!

I have a co worker picking theirs up tomorrow. I cant wait to get the HP on it. Anyone have a tune for CA and exhaust they want to share?

Tuner
    When you lower them they gain at least 2 feet in width. Makes the car look a LOT better.

Good looking car for a 4 door