Thread: Shift light on my HUD

Tuner in Training

Shift light on my HUD

2000 corvette. Can i program when the "shift" light comes on on my HUD with hptuners??

--matt

Re: Shift light on my HUD

-Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner in Training

on Nov 6th, 2004, 12:54am, Chris@HPTuners wrote:

it wont work, the CAGs shift light will only light when CAGS solenoid is commanded. We will be adding full shift light control (for code that supports it) in the next release.

Chris...

I was just going to post about how mine didn't work.. Now you tell us! :0 ) Thanks for the info.

2011 C6 Z06 CE - all stock except Callaway Honker intake and Kooks LT headers

Tuner in Training

i'm not talking about that cags BS. the "shift" light on my HUD on my CORVETTE. it actually says "shift" when it hits redline, i want to know if i can adjust that with HPTUNERS. thanks..

--matt

send me your bin. I think yes the current shift light RPM under Engine->General should do it, but not 100% sure.

I've just added another 15 tables, constants etc. for the shift light. Once i add it to the OS's that support shift light i'll asked for a few beta testers. Should be next week.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

thanks for the reply chris. haven't bought hptuners yet so can't send you a bin, just wanting to make sure hptuners can do everything i want before i buy...thanks!

--matt

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeame
    thanks for the reply chris. haven't bought hptuners yet so can't send you a bin, just wanting to make sure hptuners can do everything i want before i buy...thanks!

--matt
    no probs, just about everything that people have asked so far has either already been done, is being done, or is on the master "to do" list. As long as the PCM controls the HUD shift light activation then we can change it.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

Will this work on 98s?

I can actually use my check engine light as a shift light at 8000rpms. But it only works once. And it doesn't matter if I actually shift because the engine is toast.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6: SLP Lid, Adj. Panhard, SFCs, CAGS!, Hotcam, Hooker Shorties, Katech Tensioner, Catback with Dynomax 17221 3\" Muffler, Mobil-1, Bosch +4s, 160 Stat, !EGR, !MAFless, !FRA, S3 TB

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeame
    i'm not talking about that cags BS. the "shift" light on my HUD on my CORVETTE. it actually says "shift" when it hits redline, i want to know if i can adjust that with HPTUNERS. thanks..

--matt
    i tried setting mine to 5000 for my 2002 C5 HUD tonight. No luck. I really don't know what the "shift light" rpm box is referring to???? CAGS shift light? HUD shift light? Why is it set at 12000? ???
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

Tuner in Training

Chris Id be interested in testing this on my 2002 Z06. I know its been changed by the prior owner who used LSedit.

I have the Bin file if you need it.

BTW, killer software, I love it, but I feel overwhelmed, there is too much stuff that I can change that I know nothing about,

Dixit
    2002 Z06 AFR205cc, Crane 228/232 .600" 112LSA Cam, MAMO-fied FAST intake, MAMO-fied LS2 90mm TB, Kooks LT 1.75" Headers, Magnaflow Xpipe to Straight Pipes, Blackwing Intake. And then about $5k in audio/video