Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for 05-06 GTO GURU'S

Advanced Tuner
    Cat Overtemp?
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Potential Tuner
    Is there torque management on the M6? I thought that was only for the A4's.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Is there torque management on the M6? I thought that was only for the A4's.

Scott
    There is engine TM as well.

Potential Tuner
    I will start out by telling you that I am not a guru. A few of the simple things you can do to get started are:

Turn off COT, since you no longer have Cats you don't need to worry about them getting overheated. Plus, I have read in the past that without cats the rear o2's will get too warm and cause the system to dump fuel in an attempt to cool the non existent cats. <-- I do not know this as fact, but it sounds logical to me.

Turn off CAGS or adjust it to your liking.

Lower the fan levels to bring the engine temp down overall. Good to combat heatsoak.

Turn off Torque Management. With this one change your car will feel completely different when you go WOT.

You can also disable the speed limiter if you feel the need to go over 155.

If you are unsure of the terms I am using, or you are not sure how to make the changes. I recommend you first look at the excellent help file included with HPT, then search these forums. I know that all these subjects are covered in great detail.

Learning to use the help file and search these forums will be your greatest tools while tuning. Good luck!

Do I need a gauge for the wideband or just the wideband and controller? I assume the little green connector is where all this wires into. ?
    Goats favorite meal, rice and pony!