Thread: Tuner shop stated that he had E40 Live/Auto Tune???

Advanced Tuner

Tuner shop stated that he had E40 Live/Auto Tune???

Yesterday I was told that a tuner had EFI live auto tune for the E40's. He wasn't sure if it's available to the public, but he usually gets all the beta stuff.

Does this mean that HPT will have autotune available for E40's in the next release??
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    lol, I'll believe it when I see it
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I believe it's brand new as they were gonna beta test it out on a trailblazer SS after they installed an LM-1
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Senior Tuner
    I think Alvin has it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    I think Alvin has it.
    I would think that if the competitors have the capability and are already using Autotune on the E40, then HPT should have it also.

Sorta like AMD and Intel Processors... they're always neck n neck.

I haven't heard of anyone using Autotune on the E40's with HPT... Chris or Keith is there????
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Unless I missed the announcement, HPT doesn't have autotune on any platform. IIRC, autotune was promised for the LS1 family at least 18 months ago. Not here yet.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Advanced Tuner
    I don't understand what the holdup is with this Autotune stuff????

Did EFI Live capture the HPT operative in the company so he wouldn't pass on the technology?? lol... reminds me of the nuclear bomb era...

What's going on HPT guys?

Is the capability there with the hardware we have?

Is there a code problem the HPT guys can't get to work?

Is the FORD B.S. taking up research and holding back the Gen IV and Gen III stuff?

FORD research need to go on the back burner till we get some Autotuning....
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris
    Probably more like the autotune stuff is on the backburner, and for good reason. Money makes the world go 'round and I'm sure there's a heck of a lot more interest ($$$) to the HPt engineers in capturing a whole new platform than spending time on a feature that makes tuning a little more convenient. You and I would do the same thing in their position

Advanced Tuner
    It's not all about money. Customer support and satisfaction have a huge factor for future sales. Why start new platforms when the others are half done?

I guess you're saying that the mentality is "We got your money, now lets move on" Which is screwed up IMO.
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Tuner
    They're moving on, but it's not like you're left with a broken product either. The main purpose of the product is to tune vehicles, which it's not half bad at So no, it currently doesn't autotune, but it's really not a big deal to me either. Remember, they are working on hiring more people as well.

Do you really feel that GM tuning support is only half done?? Sure there are some things that I'd like to see in the next release, like the ETC case relearn fixed, but I'd hardly say that the overall product only does half of what I want it to do.

One must also remember that they get deluged every time GM decides to update an operating system and GM does that on a regular basis. So if you guys don't mind a "VIN O/S Not supported" message, keep begging for something that is truly no big deal.

I've used RTT on many occasions and find that the 30 seconds to write to the car is less of an issue than the benefit of RTT in many cases. Also I don't lose my data if I yank out my USB cable (which I have done on occasion). Heck I use the scanner to set up spark advance on the dyno anyway.

The only place RTT/autotune is a HUGE benefit is on the dyno anyway as time is $$.
    Always Support Our Troops!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris
    I don't understand what the holdup is with this Autotune stuff????

Did EFI Live capture the HPT operative in the company so he wouldn't pass on the technology?? lol... reminds me of the nuclear bomb era...

What's going on HPT guys?

Is the capability there with the hardware we have?

Is there a code problem the HPT guys can't get to work?

Is the FORD B.S. taking up research and holding back the Gen IV and Gen III stuff?

All of our customers are important to us and we try to add new features for each of them when we can, whether thats E38/e67 customers wanting a 2 bar solution or Solstice gxp guys asking for more parameters & more scanning functionality or ford customers asking for DMA's for scanning.

You/They are all important to us.

Functionality will always take precident before custom operating systems & custom operating systems will always come before RTT & RTT will always come before autotune since you can't have one without the other.

With that said I would kindy last you to please refrain from taking it out on other parts of our customer base ie Ford BS because im sure they & other customers are thinking the same about the GM folk on this forum.

We are all here for a tuning solution for your vehicle, whether you have a SAAB 9-7x or Hummer H3 or GTO or whatever we are all looking for the same thing & we are here to give you the best quality product that we can offer with the best possible pricing structure.

We are in the process of hiring two new developemental engineers which should help push along new support, new parameters for already supported platforms, new scanner enhancements & so on.

In these times when other companies are selling, going out of business, loosing business or simply not growing HP Tuners IS growing & leading the way to bigger & better things in every sense and knowing its all because of our customers we are working to add features for our entire customer base.

Thanks for your support!

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"